Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Lights

moods

hi all,

i want to upgrade all my interior lights to led ones, i see that they are the wedgie type, is the upgrade possible, if so where can i get the bulbs

hi all,

i want to upgrade all my interior lights to led ones, i see that they are the wedgie type, is the upgrade possible, if so where can i get the bulbs

Welcome to the forum,

the glove box and two centre side lights use these ones Click Here

the lights under the sun visors use these ones Click Here

the footwell lights use these ones Click Here or to match the interior Click Here

the boot light use this custom one Click Here Highly recommend that one.

as for the centre light and back seat light (that come on when you unlock the car) i havn't changed these as if i change them to LED they wont fade on and off like the do at the momment and i like the way they fade :lol:

however if you want to change it then use this Click Here shop around for cheaper though i just pulled these quicky from e-bay their are thousands of sellers these are just the type i recommend as any bigger in the specific fitments is too bright and any smaller is too dull, also ensure the LED Bulbs you buy are all can-Bus error free bulbs as regular led wont work. the bulbs ive highly recommend are fine and all of these links will work on your focus.B)

I highly recommend this reverse bulb Click Here and these number plate bulbs also Click Here

see also my links below for the reverse bulb ive fitted and the climate controls new to the market items Click Here and the links below.

While your at it,

if you want to upgrade your top centr brake light bulbs to LED Click Here

dont buy anything like this though Click Here theyy dont work you need resistors etc. and its all too much hassle and a money spinner, best advise for the rear lights is silvatec indicator bulbs

Rear Indicators Click Here yes these are the ones with the offset pins to match the focus fitment ( I have these fitted)

Side Indicators Click Here ( I have also Fitted)

Job Done B)

i used:

Rear Registration Plate Lights: http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/White-36mm-Festoon-dome-3-LED..html

Boot light, Glove Box (will also work on footwells) - http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/White-270-501-W5W-wedge-base-LED.html

Courtesy Light: http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/White-42mm-Festoon-dome-4-LED.html

ive never had an issue for can-bus related bulb issue, even when my headlights, brake lights or reverse light has failed. so i dont think this car is can-bus detection on lights.

i know you need resistors for indicators but your just changing interior so i dont think that would be any interest to you.

as for the led courtesy light, it still fades to a point, until voltage drop off...just down to the nature of leds.

Don't think my glove box has a bulb in it (or its blow) were abouts would i see the housing for it.

I see the aircon duct on the right of the glovebox - only other thing is some grey thing at the back - is this were the bulb goes????

Can't say i noticed anything else?

TIA

Don't think my glove box has a bulb in it (or its blow) were abouts would i see the housing for it.

I see the aircon duct on the right of the glovebox - only other thing is some grey thing at the back - is this were the bulb goes????

Can't say i noticed anything else?

TIA

Sounds like the bulb is blown mate,

At the top of the glove box you will see 4 screws and a further 3 at the bottom under the rubber grommets,

See pictures below,

I had changed to an 8 Led but it’s not that bright when it shines through,

So I got two 9 white Led sticky back clusters (quarter size of a credit card) with a cable and fitting at the end to match the socket in the glove box,

So the bulb unit sticks to the top of the glove box and the cable goes through the hole in to the original socket,

Providing a nice white light in the glove box, if you want one I’ve got 2 of them for £10 each including P&P I can post pictures

PM me if you or anyone else would like one

Image0809.jpg

Image0799.jpg

Image0797.jpg

Image0802.jpg

• Like 1

Image0803.jpg

Had this one below fitted, but not very bright in the fitment conditions so got the clusters built £10 including P&P if anyone wants one Mail me

Image0806.jpg

Image0881.jpg

Cheers bud - see it now - crazy you have to unscrew all that - thanks for the pics and info - very helpful!!

Cheers bud - see it now - crazy you have to unscrew all that - thanks for the pics and info - very helpful!!

No problem barry,

if you or anyone else would like one of the upgrade units just mail me, happy to be of assistance B)

Thinking about changing afew of the bulbs but i don't use the glove box to be honest LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Eventually got around to replacing the glovebox bulb this weekend (had a spare in a little bag of bulbs found in shed)

Thanks again for the pic's etc, very useful, also remembered the tip about part closing the glovebox door(??) as won't close otherwise - think its that little bit on the right hand side you need to make sure is in place.

Saying that had to take it apart 3 times, firstly thought the bulb had blown again then realised it was coz the interia lights only stay on for so long!!! (DUH) then once all done i used the phones video to check it switched off etc and it didn't. Turns out the pin switch bit wouldn't stay wedged in place - figured out i just needed to push the inter wedge bit back in proper place (great discription i know LOL) and clips in place fine.

No one mentioned the Aircon pipe though - dam that was a pain in the !Removed! to reconnect - sure i properly done it the hard way but got there in the end with some pointy nosed plyers..

Anyhow - just a quicky to say thanks for the pics etc again.

• Like 1

Eventually got around to replacing the glovebox bulb this weekend (had a spare in a little bag of bulbs found in shed)

Thanks again for the pic's etc, very useful, also remembered the tip about part closing the glovebox door(??) as won't close otherwise - think its that little bit on the right hand side you need to make sure is in place.

Saying that had to take it apart 3 times, firstly thought the bulb had blown again then realised it was coz the interia lights only stay on for so long!!! (DUH) then once all done i used the phones video to check it switched off etc and it didn't. Turns out the pin switch bit wouldn't stay wedged in place - figured out i just needed to push the inter wedge bit back in proper place (great discription i know LOL) and clips in place fine.

No one mentioned the Aircon pipe though - dam that was a pain in the !Removed! to reconnect - sure i properly done it the hard way but got there in the end with some pointy nosed plyers..

Anyhow - just a quicky to say thanks for the pics etc again.

Glad you got them installed,

good idea with the video on the phone, i must try that myself,

and where does the air con pipe connect as i had the glove box on mine completely detached from the car and never connected any pipe on return,,

have I missed something?

and re-aligning the box is a tough one so many flaps and overlays in the dash,

I also got a scare with the lights turning themselves off when i was installing the second boot light,

I had just connected the power to booth light units, put the first bulb in and light came on perfect,

just as I put in the second bulb on the opposite side of the boot, the lights went out, :o Darkness :blink:

I thought I had blown a fuse or something then realised it was the lights automatically turning themselves off after 1 hour. :D

An hour!!!! Christ didn't think i took that long!!!

Lets see what u got - newer mark 2.5 Style trim?? Not sure if you got aircon to glovebox - you might have, easy spot though (if its the same)

Look in glovebox and on right hand side wall i got a twisty plastic vent which twists to open and close - pipe fits to the other side of that - just slot on - no clips or anything - When u remove the glovebox is just slips off so you could easierly not even notice it.

Any idea what the weird moulded vent is at the back of the glovebox? (if u got one) I guess its just a vent to get some airflow in there (unless its linked to the aircon - there to vent out or something)

• Like 1

An hour!!!! Christ didn't think i took that long!!!

Lets see what u got - newer mark 2.5 Style trim?? Not sure if you got aircon to glovebox - you might have, easy spot though (if its the same)

Look in glovebox and on right hand side wall i got a twisty plastic vent which twists to open and close - pipe fits to the other side of that - just slot on - no clips or anything - When u remove the glovebox is just slips off so you could easierly not even notice it.

Any idea what the weird moulded vent is at the back of the glovebox? (if u got one) I guess its just a vent to get some airflow in there (unless its linked to the aircon - there to vent out or something)

Thanks,

Ill have a look and report back :)

cant understand having an air supply in there?

not like you could fit a body in it.....:D

:lol::lol::lol: ROFL

Hot day, maybe you want to stick the aircon on into the glovebox to cool down your spare pair of boxers...

Actually thats a point - not actually even checked the aircon works in there... do that tonight, need to keep my maps and microfibre cloth cool!!!

:lol::lol::lol: ROFL

Hot day, maybe you want to stick the aircon on into the glovebox to cool down your spare pair of boxers...

Actually thats a point - not actually even checked the aircon works in there... do that tonight, need to keep my maps and microfibre cloth cool!!!

Went out to the Glove box and had a look in the back of it and as sure as egg is eggs Origin there's the circular vent around the same circumference of a red bull can,

I'll have to remove the glove box and connect the pipe :(

Just to be clear its not the vent looking thing at the back - its on the right hand wall with a Swivel cover.

not this

100_2221-1.jpg

but this

100_2222.jpg

Although looking at that it looks like i may have a cover or something missing off that back one??

i used to have an air con glove box on my peugeot they advertise it as a kind off in car fridge, you stick cans of pop and other various food articals and it would either keep them cool on a hot day or if you really require keeping your mcdonalds/kfc warm...mind you the peugeot glove boxes are bigger than my focus box.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club