#1 steve3069707

steve3069707

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Mk1 Focus
  • Year: 2001

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hi everybody, Just got this car so am new to this forum,,,,cheers for looking ( and helping )...

Firstly the air conditioner on my 1.6 Mk1 Focus is not blowing cold air....The light comes on the switch when the blower is on which also works fine....My question is does this just need a re gas ? the air con fan does not come, is this because it needs a gas or is the fan at fault. If so what do i need to check,,,,also how do i check the cooling fan is operational ( other than get the engine hot ) I have had HG problems on cars in the past and want to make sure this is fine...

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 steve3069707

steve3069707

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Mk1 Focus
  • Year: 2001

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:37 PM

Just checked the fans with a live feed straight from a battery and both are working fine i have checked the fuses they seem ok dont know how to check the relays or which ones to check could it be just the gas ?

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

Just checked the fans with a live feed straight from a battery and both are working fine i have checked the fuses they seem ok dont know how to check the relays or which ones to check could it be just the gas ?

it really sounds like it needs a simple regass if it doesnt they will tell you and wont charge so what have you got to lose

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users