Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foord Roofbars & Esp

gixerboy

I just got genuine roof bars for my fusion, it states that the max load is 50 kg with ESP & 25kg without ESP. I don't have ESP, but need to carry two kayaks, that would be around the 50kg mark. What does the ESP do to increase the load capacity?, will I have problems if I use them, they also seem a bit weak, only 4 x M6 bolts holding them on. Any advice would be appreciated.

I just got genuine roof bars for my fusion, it states that the max load is 50 kg with ESP & 25kg without ESP. I don't have ESP, but need to carry two kayaks, that would be around the 50kg mark. What does the ESP do to increase the load capacity?, will I have problems if I use them, they also seem a bit weak, only 4 x M6 bolts holding them on. Any advice would be appreciated.

ESP would give better stability on heavy cornering although the kayaks are about as streamline of an item as your going to get really,

and the weight will be well distributed, shouldnt be a problem just allow for the extra weight and drive easy mate.B)

• Like 1

ESP would give better stability on heavy cornering although the kayaks are about as streamline of an item as your going to get really,

and the weight will be well distributed, shouldnt be a problem just allow for the extra weight and drive easy mate.B)

Thanks, I feel a bit better about it now. :D

Thanks, I feel a bit better about it now. :D

may i ask, how do you know that you dont have ESP?

• Like 1

may i ask, how do you know that you dont have ESP?

According to the handbook, there should be a switch by the heated screen switches to turn it on/off, I don't have one, so I don't think I have ESP (its a '55 model)

According to the handbook, there should be a switch by the heated screen switches to turn it on/off, I don't have one, so I don't think I have ESP (its a '55 model)

you may still have ESP, my 2010 focus doesnt have a switch on the dash, but if you cycle through the menu on the small screen in the dash next to the speedo you may be able to toggle ESP on and off although this method will have to be done each time you start the engine,

its better to have no ESP in the snow conditions also as if you get stuck in the snow you cant spin out of it when ESP is switched on as it cuts the power to the wheels preventing wheel spin,

worth a look anyway,

also im from ireland i dont understand the meaning of 55plate over here our reg's are the year of registration, eg. 10 followed by the county eg. WX for wexford and the issuance number in that year eg. 3467 meaning the 3,467th vehicle to be registerd on the road that year so would be 10WX3467 (not my reg just an example) due to the recession i dont think any reg went over 3000 in that year :D

• Like 1

Hate to post negative posts and respect Gixxaboys views but how would this effect your insurance????

Snapper what are you referring to? carrying the additional weight?

As long as all items are secured to the vehicle then your insurance is not affected, its best to advise them before you go on a journey if you are paranoid, but at the end of the day its not a null void.

Lenny, vehicles over 2002 have the following meanings:

52 - Registered September 1st or later in 2002

03 - Registered 1st March or later 2003

53 - Registered September 1st or later

etc etc

until we got to 2010 then went to 10(1st September onwards? if i remember rightO) 60 plates (march 1st on) and now 61(september 1st on)

We never stick to anything simple... lol

• Like 1

Snapper what are you referring to? carrying the additional weight?

As long as all items are secured to the vehicle then your insurance is not affected, its best to advise them before you go on a journey if you are paranoid, but at the end of the day its not a null void.

Lenny, vehicles over 2002 have the following meanings:

52 - Registered September 1st or later in 2002

03 - Registered 1st March or later 2003

53 - Registered September 1st or later

etc etc

until we got to 2010 then went to 10(1st September onwards? if i remember rightO) 60 plates (march 1st on) and now 61(september 1st on)

We never stick to anything simple... lol

It’s Morse code for you guys,

So as we don’t know what the F you’re talking about :lol:

Ill print that out for reference seriously thanks.

• Like 1

It’s Morse code for you guys,

So as we don’t know what the F you’re talking about :lol:

Ill print that out for reference seriously thanks.

Come on, when would the british and department for transport do anything simple? we managed up until 2000 then we screwed about and made a mockery of it!! I didnt realise that progression was another way of saying "go forth and fook it up"

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club