Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak Onto Top Of Rear Seats (Hatchback)

hapton1

noticed this morning water on top of the rear seats of my mk3 hatchback & water around the rear brake light cover,

any help apreciated thanks.

noticed this morning water on top of the rear seats of my mk3 hatchback & water around the rear brake light cover,

I don’t know what’s causing it mate, but heres some tips to make it slightly more manageable.

but until you find out you may be able to prevent it by opening the boot and spraying WD-40 or similar around the boot panel on the bodywork,

this will cause water to pearl on top of the oil and hopefully run off the body rather than soaking in to your car,

also lift out your spare wheel and place a towel or spillage mat in there,

once you get it fixed id recommend putting one of these in for a while Click Here

hopefully someone can help you solve the main cause soon,:(

i found 2 leaks, a loose fitting rear window wash nozzle letting water get into the high level brake light, replaced with a new one from ford for around £5.

the other was water pooling near where the lock locates, this was the rubber gromet around the rear windscreen wiper shaft, i removed the tail gate trim & wiper motor & sealed gromet with silicone.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i get water over my seats when i open the boot of my mondeo afret its been raining. Also the rear washer pipe is under the roof lining above the rear seats mine used to leak its an easy fix just a phillips screw driver needed and a flat ended to pop open the fasteners to get at the pipe. try the out side first by popping off the washer jet and see if it is still connected..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club