Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0Tdci Clutch Replacement

baldinio

Hi there,

Had my 57plate Focus 2.0tdci remapped and am now finding the clutch slipping. Anybody know if there is a replacement clutch that will fit and not slip. Power is now 170bhp and 380nm torque.

Thanks.

If the clutch is slipping, its highly likely that the clutch is burned out, be it by poor parts, or driving styles, but a new clutch should resolve the slipping issue.

How many miles did you do on that clutch?

The standard clutch will go on again and be fine. The extra power isn't going to mean you need a heavy duty clutch to handle it, it'll just mean it may have a slightly lower life expectancy.

How many miles did you do on that clutch?

The standard clutch will go on again and be fine. The extra power isn't going to mean you need a heavy duty clutch to handle it, it'll just mean it may have a slightly lower life expectancy.

Done 48000 miles on this clutch. Had slipped a couple of times before the remap but got worse since. Thanks.

If the clutch is slipping, its highly likely that the clutch is burned out, be it by poor parts, or driving styles, but a new clutch should resolve the slipping issue.

[/quot

Thanks

has the remap been worth it in your opinion baldinio?? cos 136BHP to 170BHP is quite a big leap and over a 100 more torque. Has fuel consuption vastly increased? how much did the remap cost you?

My remap gives a very similar power/torque output. I only find any slipping issues at around 2k revs under load, but it's hardly noticeable.

As for fuel economy, if driven carefully, I find it has improved over the standard.

has the remap been worth it in your opinion baldinio?? cos 136BHP to 170BHP is quite a big leap and over a 100 more torque. Has fuel consuption vastly increased? how much did the remap cost you?

Hi. Well worth it if you ask me. Alot quicker and very smooth on the motorway. Found that if driven a little hard the fuel comsumption does go up but at a steady 80mph on the motorway is now returning 55mpg+. Clutch not to bad only slips really when accelerated to hard. Cost £250 but mpg on motorway, which is what I mainly do has gone up over 10mpg. Average 80miles a day so savings should come quickly.

Where did you get it remapped if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of getting it done.

Where did you get it remapped if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of getting it done.

advancedtuning.co.uk. Think they're just in the North West though.