Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Melted Leather Steering Wheel Focus Zetec 52 Reg

grooveboy79

Bought a car with the Leather on the steering wheel completely melted. Really annoyed me as the car is in great condition otherwise so decided rather then replacing the wheel to take the leather off. It's just the rubber underneath which feels nicer than sticky leather.

1. is there any advice against using the steering wheel like that?

2. what's underneath the rubber can it be used bare?

Really not fussed about having a cover....

Thanks

Roy

I had exactly the same problem on my 2001 model. When it was sunny and hot steering wheel become super sticky, and just unpleasant to touch (not too mention drive). I tried one of them horrible wheel covers, but these were just too big, ugly and it wasn't a tight fit. So gave up on idea, and threw it to bin.

Then I found on e-bay people selling Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover thing. Have to say was very reluctant to buy one of these, but then I thought it's cheaper than to replace steering wheel. So I ordered one, then you have to sew it to you steering wheel (mind you: it's not like a normal cover, you actually take, needle, strong string and you sew it tightly). All bits were provided in package, installation takes no more than 45 mins. Mind you, I never sew anything and the after effect was extremely satisfactory. New leather feel, steering wheel just slightly thicker, almost cannot be noticed if you do it right. It also look nice, in comparison to all these chunky wheel covers sold everyone around.

Sorry for bit off-topic, but thought I'll mention this due to fact you are having same problem I used to have.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club