Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Restore Engine Treatment

gwengo

Hi All,

I'm posting this on behalf of my sister. She has a 2002 Mk1.5 Ford Focus 1.4 petrol and recently she noticed that the oil level was very low but there was no leakage anywhere. She has had the car for about 4 months and the dealer that she bought it from claims that it had a full service before the handover. So I would presume that the oil and filter had been changed and re-filled back then.

With this being the case, the loss of oil will lead me to believe that the pistons are sticking as sometimes the car lacks power during acceleration and very occasionally judders when accelerating. What I would like to know, (before I go to the expense of having the piston rings changed (i.e engine re-build), is has anybody tried this RESTORE treatment? I have read some very positive feedback on the internet about this product. With amazing results from people with worse symptoms than we are experiencing. I just want to try and prevent the problem from getting worse and very expensive, so any help and suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Paul

Hi All,

I'm posting this on behalf of my sister. She has a 2002 Mk1.5 Ford Focus 1.4 petrol and recently she noticed that the oil level was very low but there was no leakage anywhere. She has had the car for about 4 months and the dealer that she bought it from claims that it had a full service before the handover. So I would presume that the oil and filter had been changed and re-filled back then.

With this being the case, the loss of oil will lead me to believe that the pistons are sticking as sometimes the car lacks power during acceleration and very occasionally judders when accelerating. What I would like to know, (before I go to the expense of having the piston rings changed (i.e engine re-build), is has anybody tried this RESTORE treatment? I have read some very positive feedback on the internet about this product. With amazing results from people with worse symptoms than we are experiencing. I just want to try and prevent the problem from getting worse and very expensive, so any help and suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Paul

its a load of rubbish and doesnt cure the problem simply masks it for a while the 1.4 is the engine to avoid as it has no power when accelerating the juddering could be down to many things if its using up the oil there should be smoke from the exhaust i would top up the oil and check it weekly and see if it goes down it may be it wasnt serviced at all dealers do lie to save money the juddering can be a blocked fuel filter which rarely ever gets changed plugs and leads even the coil pack or a maf so ide eliminate the oil loss first by topping it up and monitoring it then start on the juddering

its a load of rubbish and doesnt cure the problem simply masks it for a while the 1.4 is the engine to avoid as it has no power when accelerating the juddering could be down to many things if its using up the oil there should be smoke from the exhaust i would top up the oil and check it weekly and see if it goes down it may be it wasnt serviced at all dealers do lie to save money the juddering can be a blocked fuel filter which rarely ever gets changed plugs and leads even the coil pack or a maf so ide eliminate the oil loss first by topping it up and monitoring it then start on the juddering

Ok, Cheers artscot. When I checked it at the weekend, there was no smoke, so hopefully the piston rings aren't the problem. I'll check the maf, cos I recently cleaned the sensor on my 1.8 tdci and it worked wonders.

Hi

what mileage has the car covered?

i have used RESTORE a long time ago on a OHV engine and it did work wonders. however i would not use on OHC engine.

if it is the piston rings i would suggest Millers engine treatment and also maybe using a 10/40 oil as this is a second choice after 5/30

whichis a first choice for a moderate climate.

tom

Cheers Cress & Tom,

I've been on youtube and there is an American guy on there who claims that RESTORE works wonders. Though he was using it on a Mustang, which have very slighly different engines that a 1.4 petrol focus :D

@ tommy.h

It's my sisters car and it's done about 68k. On the test drive before we bought it, it ran like a dream, no acceleration problems and it idled really well. It also has a full service history, which is one of the main reasons why we bought it. So we knew that the engine had been looked after.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club