Do Not Sell My Personal Information

battery wanted

vamp2k05

as title says i need a new battery for my 1.3 lx but the garage is wanting to charge me £90 any one got a spare lying around they want rid off

Garages will and do rip you off mate, have a try at > car batteries sent next day FREE as they're way cheaper!

even halfrauds are cheaper than that even with their rip off fitting service.

Anyone who gets Halfords to undo two bolts/nuts to fit a battery deserves to be ripped off :lol:

( i mean even £5 to fit a set of Wiper Blades!!!! )

Anyone who gets halfords to undo two bolts/nuts to fit a battery deserves to be ripped off :lol:

( i mean even £5 to fit a set of wiper blades!!!! )

You are correct, but i guess some people are not able or just want nothing to do with DIY car maintainance because of the outcome if something goes wrong. I suppose theres not much to go wrong with fitting wipers but with batteries its a different story isnt it. £5 to fit wipers..no thanks lol. the prices of there wipers are bad enough, although they are around half if not less the rrp price on trade which is good

as title says i need a new battery for my 1.3 lx but the garage is wanting to charge me £90 any one got a spare lying around they want rid off

Hi mate,

I currently have a 4 week old Halfords battery for a MK3 fiesta. Was in use for about 2 weeks before the car was in an accident.

It is in good condition with minor scratches on the front.

PM me if you are interested

Wiicks

Anyone who gets halfords to undo two bolts/nuts to fit a battery deserves to be ripped off :lol:

( i mean even £5 to fit a set of wiper blades!!!! )

absolutely with you on that :)

you might think that it is easy to fit a new car battery but there are some extremely important safety features that need to be considered.

Previously installed batteries might not be the correct size and fixing rods and brackets can be missing or the wrong size so that the battery cannot be secured. A lot of batteries are sealed nowadays but there are still some that have to be connected to a safety gas ventilation pipe to remove dangerous fumes .This is particularly important when the battery is fitted inside the cabin like the 944 range of Porsches.

Frequently former owners have lost or broken special battery terminal brackets and bodged a connection to the battery and there are always additional non standard loose wires from aftermarket alarm systems, ICE, and replacement wires all attached to battery terminals .

Batteries are extremly dangerous . Potentially they can explode like a small bomb if not correctly connected .if you've ever seen one explode you'll treat them with a new respect believe me Halfords earn their charge for making sure your battery is connected properly and safely

you might think that it is easy to fit a new car battery but there are some extremely important safety features that need to be considered.

Previously installed batteries might not be the correct size and fixing rods and brackets can be missing or the wrong size so that the battery cannot be secured. A lot of batteries are sealed nowadays but there are still some that have to be connected to a safety gas ventilation pipe to remove dangerous fumes .This is particularly important when the battery is fitted inside the cabin like the 944 range of Porsches.

Frequently former owners have lost or broken special battery terminal brackets and bodged a connection to the battery and there are always additional non standard loose wires from aftermarket alarm systems, ICE, and replacement wires all attached to battery terminals .

Batteries are extremly dangerous . Potentially they can explode like a small bomb if not correctly connected .if you've ever seen one explode you'll treat them with a new respect believe me Halfords earn their charge for making sure your battery is connected properly and safely

your absolutely right, there is still a few modern cars that have the breather tubes connected to the batteries under the bonnet. I cant remember which model but renault for example. I have shorted a car battery by accident before, although it didnt explode i will be making sure i dont do it again in a hurry!! As for Halfords making sure its correctly fitted, thats questionable. I have a friend who works in Halfords, and believe you me I would never trust any of them to even change a fuse!

That said I have watched some of the muppets who work for Halfrauds changing batteries and how the hell they dont kill themselves is unbelievable. I wouldnt pay Halfrauds staff to walk the dog let alone fit parts to my car. I'd rather trust my 3 week old neice. Sorry if anyone works for Halfrauds, but if you cant take the stick, dont work for a p***k :rolleyes:

Garages will and do rip you off mate, have a try at > car batteries sent next day FREE as they're way cheaper!

looked on that site put in car deatils and it trying to get me to buy the wront battery so i searched the listing and found a 12v 4f battery for £45 less than half what the local ford garage was gonna charge me thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club