Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brighter Headlights

sfrazer660

I'm new to this so if I'm starting a topic that has already been discussed then you can point me in the right direction.

I've just bought a 2003 Fiesta. The previous owner had installed LED lights in the front bumper. They are small but give off a very white light. My problem is that my headlights/sidelights give off a more old fashioned, dull "yellowish" light. It doesn't look well with the different coloured lights but the LED's are a nice touch so I wana keep them.

I'm wondering what your suggestions are as to which bulbs to buy so i can try to match as closely as possible the LED's. Don't want them to be blinding to other drivers, just a simple white light. not too worried about if they are legal or not but they must be easily changed to a legal bulb for MOT.

Thanks

I'm new to this so if I'm starting a topic that has already been discussed then you can point me in the right direction.

I've just bought a 2003 Fiesta. The previous owner had installed LED lights in the front bumper. They are small but give off a very white light. My problem is that my headlights/sidelights give off a more old fashioned, dull "yellowish" light. It doesn't look well with the different coloured lights but the LED's are a nice touch so I wana keep them.

I'm wondering what your suggestions are as to which bulbs to buy so i can try to match as closely as possible the LED's. Don't want them to be blinding to other drivers, just a simple white light. not too worried about if they are legal or not but they must be easily changed to a legal bulb for MOT.

Thanks

This has been discussed so many times (try using the search button) but anyway TBH I'd say the best whitest/legal ones to get are Philips Ultra Vision 4K, snapped up for £25.99 on eBay thats with free Blue Vision side lights too. You also get Philips Diamond Vision (5000K) which are a bit more expensive however there not 'E' marked and then anything brighter than that (6000K+) you are talking HID kits etc....

phillips ultra-vision dont give off too different from standard a colour, they just are brighter... i got the phillips blue visions, just as powerful and legal, but as you can guess by the name, they have a slight tint to them and are a clearer colour

Went to Halfords and got a set of the ultra vision. Asked for H4 and the guy asked what car i had. After he looked the book he told me they were H7. I was 99.9% sure they were H4 but for whatever reason I listened to him. needless to say I have another trip to Halfords tomorrow.

Went to halfords and got a set of the ultra vision. Asked for H4 and the guy asked what car i had. After he looked the book he told me they were H7. I was 99.9% sure they were H4 but for whatever reason I listened to him. needless to say I have another trip to halfords tomorrow.

I've never seen the 2003 Fez bulbs, but I've never known ford to use anything other than H7 on their dipped beams either. Shame :(

Yup a Mk6 fiesta uses a dual filament H4 bulb.

The Mk7 (and most other modern cars) has the dipped/full beam split into separate bulbs (H7/H1 respectively), but there wasn't enough room to do that on the Mk6.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club