Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,959 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

do you know whats wierd...i have exactly the same car mats as you...picked them up from wilkos but also seen them in tescos :lol: just having a right ganders at your piccys.

HI 5 :D

Their quality mats I have them over a year now, although the front passenger on the top half has split off of it, their also quite heavy donít help the MPG much lol,

Iím planning to purchase a Ford set after the winter,

They cost me 10euro in a shop called Heatonís their a chain of stores in Ireland, mix of Household goods and cloths much like Tesco but no food section,

Iíve been on my back since half five this evening and not for the reason id most like to be,

I was in the boot of my foci, installing a second boot light identical to the stock one, but on the opposite side, Iím just in now,

I didnít get it finished yet although Iíve been at it since four today, Iím taking pictures at every step and in the process of preparing a guide, so i will upload it soon, and include the links to supplyís Iíve used,

Also fitted the Mist type Heated Water Jets, done a guide and will have it on the site by midnight tonight.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jingles

jingles

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

i like the idea gives a real nice crisp finish

#18 Podzak

Podzak

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.2 Diesel Estate Ghia
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:57 AM

Nice stuff but what I'm after is a replacement for the blanking plate that matches the pop oot cup holder on my mk3 mondeo.
Does anyone know of something that goes in there that's better than just a blanker?
Thank you in advance. :D
In fact, I might even replace the cup holder also as no one uses it.

#19 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,959 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

Nice stuff but what I'm after is a replacement for the blanking plate that matches the pop oot cup holder on my mk3 mondeo.
Does anyone know of something that goes in there that's better than just a blanker?
Thank you in advance. :D
In fact, I might even replace the cup holder also as no one uses it.

Ford Push Start Button, for the engine perhaps?

#20 Bigdaddycain

Bigdaddycain

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Name: Ste
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI 6SPD titanium estate
  • Year: 2005

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:19 AM

Quick Update, received the glove box strip and air vent surrounds in the post this morning,

I quickly ran out to the car and started applying, wiped the dash clean then i lined the glovebox with masking tape which made it easier to line the strip up correctly with the shape of the glove box panel. Stuck in place and gave them a short blast of the hairdryer and a light press on to ensure the 3M backing was well bedded in.

Its important to have the lining up of these parts correct nearly first time, as the strips are wafer thin they can kink or ripple if removed and relayed,
so if possible try to make the lining up as easy as you can,
as you can see below i masked the area around where i wanted to place the strip to try and aid the lining up process, as its not advised to stick and remove it again, not even once as this can cause a ripple in the metal which you wont be able to straighten again, so it's basicly a one chance to stick it,

also as you can see in the pictures below, the glove box lip at the top is not a straight edge, so you will have to straighten it by eye judgment rather than the edge of the glove box.

I'll take more pictures in the morning, experiencing difficulty uploading, :rolleyes:

Also fitted the upper vent surrounds which are razor sharp on the edges prior to sticking them flush to the dash,

Sliced my thumb almost an inch long while fitting the left passenger one, I didn't realise I had done until I reached for a haribo Tangtastic sour sweet, lifted me out of it stung like bejeasus Posted Image

So anyone fitting the vent surrounds take car you don't want to slice your thumb in half when smoothing them on to the dash.

My next mod is to purchase a set of speaker surrounds from the same seller, i spoke to him earlier today about purchasing a set of four as my focus is a five door,
I would like to have speaker surrounds on all four speakers, he has informed me that the surrounds are currently only available for the front door speakers, although he is starting trials of the rear speaker surrounds at the beginning of next month,Posted Image

So I'm going to standby and wait to purchase them next month to save a bit on postage, buy them all together.
.Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks For Looking!
Please Check my List of Guides Listed Below For More Information. Posted Image

Lenny... The glovebox strip... Do you reckon that if a thin strip of perspex was cut exactly the same size as the stainless trim,the perspex bonded to the g/box, then the trim on the perspex (with me so far?) Then a discreet hole was drilled on the inside of the g/box door, just big enough to poke a single LED through, do you reckon the laser cut "FOCUS" emblem would glow at night? (think along similar lines as to how the LED ford badges work). If the hole in the back of the glovebox door extended into the thin perspex (offset to the FOCUS cut-out) I reckon it would give off a really low tone glow at night if it was hooked up to one of the dashlights...Whaddya reckon? B)

#21 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,959 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

Lenny... The glovebox strip... Do you reckon that if a thin strip of perspex was cut exactly the same size as the stainless trim,the perspex bonded to the g/box, then the trim on the perspex (with me so far?) Then a discreet hole was drilled on the inside of the g/box door, just big enough to poke a single LED through, do you reckon the laser cut "FOCUS" emblem would glow at night? (think along similar lines as to how the LED ford badges work). If the hole in the back of the glovebox door extended into the thin perspex (offset to the FOCUS cut-out) I reckon it would give off a really low tone glow at night if it was hooked up to one of the dashlights...Whaddya reckon? B)

Nice idea mate,
i really like that and yes it would work, the only thing you would need to do with the strip is remove the 3m carbon fibre that is stuck behind the part that says focus,
take care in doing this because the strip is very easy to kink when its on its own ie. not mounted to anything, but yes mate it would look sweet, he also manufatures them to say ST if you would prefer it.

#22 Bigdaddycain

Bigdaddycain

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Ah! Thanks for the heads up on that Lenny... I could tell there was a "focus" cut-out.. but i couldn't make out the carbon backing i must admit... I thought it was a straight through opening. I quite like the focus wording actually mate... (more to light up) B)

I'm bordering going over the top with the ST badging now i fear mate, especially as my car isn't one :D

#23 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,959 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Ah! Thanks for the heads up on that Lenny... I could tell there was a "focus" cut-out.. but i couldn't make out the carbon backing i must admit... I thought it was a straight through opening. I quite like the focus wording actually mate... (more to light up) B)

I'm bordering going over the top with the ST badging now i fear mate, especially as my car isn't one :D

no problem, my camera is only a 2.0mp on my phone, so detail isint great lol,
id go with the focus design too,
and since the seller manufactures these items himself, he should be able to supply you with the strip only,
no backing on it, that would save you time when you get it because you wouldnt have to remove the carbon effect backing and sticky pad etc.

#24 Bigdaddycain

Bigdaddycain

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Great stuff mate... I think the illuminated sill covers i've fitted tonight will definitely decide on a "blue theme" for all future LED interior upgrades mate... SO that's the colour decision made for me then! B)

I'd better order a few Blue LED strips for the door handles i reckon.... :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,959 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

Quality mod their mate, looks excellent B)

#26 Podzak

Podzak

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.2 Diesel Estate Ghia
  • Year: 2006

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Ford Push Start Button, for the engine perhaps?

Oooh!
Yes!
That would be really smart but........I'd feel a bit of a nob turning the key on then reaching for the button with my other hand.
I really like the idea though.
Thank you.

#27 ijustwantafile

ijustwantafile

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: focus titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Great stuff mate... I think the illuminated sill covers i've fitted tonight will definitely decide on a "blue theme" for all future LED interior upgrades mate... SO that's the colour decision made for me then! B)

I'd better order a few Blue LED strips for the door handles i reckon.... :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

what parts are these? they look really good.

#28 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,519 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

if anyone is interested i found these -

Posted Image

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c2402c040

#29 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,959 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

if anyone is interested i found these -

Posted Image

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c2402c040

I was just about to have a search for these myself :lol:
i wonder if the light is clear and they have fitted some tinted lens for the blue illumination?
if this is the case then it may be possible to change them to red illumination too :huh:

#30 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,519 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Pity i already bought lockwoods a while back. :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users