Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cylinder Head Question (1.6 16V, 2001)

lucas1980

First of all (due to fact it is my first post) wanted to say hello.

Also I do not know the correct english names for engine parts so my description may be a bit chaotic, will try to stick to the point thought.

I have a very annoying problem, in short my timing belt failed, engine made loud cracking noise and obviously it stopped. I've stripped the cylinder head just to find out that one of the valves snapped but on top of that it also damaged the fitting slightly (in the cylinder head, not the bottom part of the engine).

Now then, I can either send it to be refurbished for around £200, and then refitted by myself. Or I am looking on various websites for used cylinder heads.

I found a few but most of them are from 2005, it just says Ford Focus Zetec S 2005 1.6 16V . Will this fit my 1.6 Focus from 2001?

I went through a lot of websites to figure this out but it says, until 2004 this engine was called Zetec-SE and after 2004 it's been renamed to Duratec. So is the cylinder head still the same? Will I be better of getting used cylinder head or better just to get my old one refurbished?

I would be very grateful for any help. thanks.

ps. I am really confused by all this DUratec, Zetec-S, Zetec-SE etc... so part of my description can be very wrong.

Question/thread irrelevant by now. Replacement cylinder head fitted, engine up-and-running again, damn that was a very long day.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club