Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: FOCUS mk 2 LX
  • Year: 2005

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

I have never been impressed with the light in the boot of my mk2 Focus so i've been thinking about changing things around a little. While i was out shopping a few days ago i came across a discount store with a small motoring section and i picked up a couple of blue led six inch lights for 2 each. Now i'm not expecting much from them at that price but i thought they would look good lighting up my small subwoofer. They came with plugs to fit into a 12v power point but what i need to know is can i connect them straight to the positive and earth connections on my boot light or would i need to find another power source. I will be fitting some battery powered led lights underneath the parcelshelf to light up the boot area if i need to change a tyre etc.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

I have never been impressed with the light in the boot of my mk2 Focus so i've been thinking about changing things around a little. While i was out shopping a few days ago i came across a discount store with a small motoring section and i picked up a couple of blue led six inch lights for 2 each. Now i'm not expecting much from them at that price but i thought they would look good lighting up my small subwoofer. They came with plugs to fit into a 12v power point but what i need to know is can i connect them straight to the positive and earth connections on my boot light or would i need to find another power source. I will be fitting some battery powered led lights underneath the parcelshelf to light up the boot area if i need to change a tyre etc.

you can link them off the boot light mate, id recommend a fuse in the line though incase the get too hot or blow, as the fuse that feeds your boot light could feed other items too,
ive purchased a custom built led for the boot unit, very happy with it to be honest, Click Here

#3 GRAHAM46

GRAHAM46

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: FOCUS mk 2 LX
  • Year: 2005

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for that. I forgot to mention about the fuse. I thought it would be ok but it never hurts to get a second opinion.

Thanks again Graham.

#4 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for that. I forgot to mention about the fuse. I thought it would be ok but it never hurts to get a second opinion.

Thanks again Graham.

No problem Graham,
i recommend this type of holder Click Here saves time spliting and rejoining the cable as it cuts and seals itself and the dont cost the earth.

#5 reesmew

reesmew

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: focus and smax

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

I fitted some led puddle lights in the boot last year. See this http://www.focusowne... lights in boot

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

I fitted some led puddle lights in the boot last year. See this http://www.focusowne...+lights+in+boot

Does your boot really leak that much ??

#7 reesmew

reesmew

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: focus and smax

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

That's why cars have boots

#8 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

That's why cars have boots

:D Nice

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users