AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRAHAM46

Boot Lights

8 posts in this topic

I have never been impressed with the light in the boot of my mk2 Focus so i've been thinking about changing things around a little. While i was out shopping a few days ago i came across a discount store with a small motoring section and i picked up a couple of blue led six inch lights for £2 each. Now i'm not expecting much from them at that price but i thought they would look good lighting up my small subwoofer. They came with plugs to fit into a 12v power point but what i need to know is can i connect them straight to the positive and earth connections on my boot light or would i need to find another power source. I will be fitting some battery powered led lights underneath the parcelshelf to light up the boot area if i need to change a tyre etc.

I have never been impressed with the light in the boot of my mk2 Focus so i've been thinking about changing things around a little. While i was out shopping a few days ago i came across a discount store with a small motoring section and i picked up a couple of blue led six inch lights for £2 each. Now i'm not expecting much from them at that price but i thought they would look good lighting up my small subwoofer. They came with plugs to fit into a 12v power point but what i need to know is can i connect them straight to the positive and earth connections on my boot light or would i need to find another power source. I will be fitting some battery powered led lights underneath the parcelshelf to light up the boot area if i need to change a tyre etc.

you can link them off the boot light mate, id recommend a fuse in the line though incase the get too hot or blow, as the fuse that feeds your boot light could feed other items too,

ive purchased a custom built led for the boot unit, very happy with it to be honest, Click Here

Thanks for that. I forgot to mention about the fuse. I thought it would be ok but it never hurts to get a second opinion.

Thanks again Graham.

Thanks for that. I forgot to mention about the fuse. I thought it would be ok but it never hurts to get a second opinion.

Thanks again Graham.

No problem Graham,

i recommend this type of holder Click Here saves time spliting and rejoining the cable as it cuts and seals itself and the dont cost the earth.

That's why cars have boots

:D Nice