Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Bonjour people, long time no speak. I know hardly any of you, but i'm an annoying so and so who won't leave despite the fact that I haven't had a Ford for ages now.

Started off with my MK4 Fiesta, which i had for a year and then i came about a Mazda MX-5 which i've loved having for the last 8 months.

HOWEVER. I did some maths (for the first time in a long time) and i was spending alot of money running the Mazda, and it's getting to the point where it's probably going to start costing alot of money to start fixing.

My Mum and Dad stumbled across the offer of no interest, zero deposit finance deal on Vauxhall Corsas, so i copied them and i'm getting my very own.

The first image of the showroom tart, the second is my actual car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a brand spanking new 61 plate Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 16v Limited Edition in Red.

Various things chucked in with it, black roof, 17" black alloys, cruise control, air conditioning, tinted windows, VXR body kit, sports-style seats, leather steering wheel, trip computer. All mine for a shiny £190 a month.

As much as i love the Mazda, it isn't making financial sense any more and this finance opportunity isn't going to come round every day, so i bit the bullet. I love it.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Jedilard

Jedilard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

I had a corsa about 15 years ago, worst car I have ever known and worst service i ever recieved. Never gone back or will to Vauxhall. They depreciate quicker than Gadaffi leaving Libya.

Hope you enjoy it though, getting a brand spanking new car is always a special time.

#3 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

They look like they've changed a little bit from 15 years ago. My dad had a Vectra for a few months in the late 90s and was adement he would never want to buy one, fast forward 12 years and he's bought one! Well, my Mum has.

So far i've had very good service from my dealership, everything has been very simple and quick, i ordered it last tuesday night, processed on Wednesday morning and it should be with me on Tuesday or Thursday depending on whether the DVLA registration computers are working again!

Getting a brand new car has definitely been far too exciting, i haven't thought about much else for the past week!

#4 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,676 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

Getting a brand new car has definitely been far too exciting, i haven't thought about much else for the past week!

Congratulations on your purchase. I first found this forum on my long but exciting wait for my fiesta. Nothing better than picking up a brand new vechicle all for yourself :D

Did you look around for deals on a 2012 Fiesta or just go straight for the Corsa?

Paul :)

#5 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

Yes, i had a quick look at all similar cars, but nothing could match the finance offer that Vauxhall have on these, which is having to pay no deposit, no interest on the finance.

I would have wanted something that looked sporty, but was cheap to insure, which this is. Also it's just been facelifted, which i like. I would have HATED to have just bought a car for it to be facelifted a couple of months later!

I've never been THAT impressed with the MK7 if i'm honest, i had a lengthy fiddle with one when i was in a dealership waiting for my Mum's old car to be fixed. I found the interior to be pretty cheap, especially the door handles. Sounds petty but you have to use them all the time! Also probably something to do with the fact that people have to wait absolutely ridiculous times to get their new fiesta which i find appalling.

The one thing that impresses me with the Corsa is the interior, i love it.

If money hadn't have been an issue, i would still have looked at the Corsa, but probably opted for something like the Polo.

I'm more excited than 5 year olds at Christmas, it's ridiculous!

#6 aph1101

aph1101

Local Rep: Cambridgeshire and Rutland

• PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6TDCi Fiesta Titanium

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Bonjour people, long time no speak. I know hardly any of you, but i'm the stuff of legend on this forum.

Pfft.... :P

:lol:

#7 cyb

cyb

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 548 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci
  • Year: 2009

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

nice looking Corsa although I think the 1.2 is a little under powered I have to agree the interiors are very nice and they have certainly improved over the last few years. I hope the mpg is better than my wifes 1.4 which I think is poor and the reason we will be looking to sell it next year, however whilst I prefer the Fiesta I think you have made a good choice B)

#8 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

I agree about the 1.2 engine, it may be a little underpowered but i don't think it will differ too much from the 1.25 i had in the Fiesta which i loved.

The interior is what drew me to the car, it has the interior of the SRI, but the price of an SE!

I'm quite surprised at the lack of slating, i was all prepared for that!!

#9 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

Original post edited so as to not mislead the more impressionable members of the forum.

#10 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Thanks Dan - don't know what we'd do without you.

#11 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

Original post edited so as to not mislead the more impressionable members of the forum.

:lol: Thats more like the truth.

#12 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

I have to agree the interiors are very nice and they have certainly improved over the last few years

The interior is what drew me to the car, it has the interior of the SRI, but the price of an SE!

I'm quite surprised at the lack of slating, i was all prepared for that!!

I'm not seeing what you's see about the corsa's interior at all. Its just a flat slab of buttons and a small screen.
I know some of the fiestas interior items are a little cheap and clicky, but at least it has shape to it and you can see some design has went into it..... or is it just me(?)

(slating over) sorry

lol

#13 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

Don't be sorry! True, the Corsa isn't very shapey inside but i think it feels much more solid. I like the radio and fan set up of the Fiesta, but i think the dials and the surround and door handles look and feel cheap.

I'm happy, you're happy, the world is happy.

#14 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Don't be sorry! True, the Corsa isn't very shapey inside but i think it feels much more solid. I like the radio and fan set up of the Fiesta, but i think the dials and the surround and door handles look and feel cheap.

I'm happy, you're happy, the world is happy.

lol good good :)

#15 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,147 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

Looks good mate,
happy Modding B)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users