Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yet Another New Car...

Michael P

Bonjour people, long time no speak. I know hardly any of you, but i'm an annoying so and so who won't leave despite the fact that I haven't had a Ford for ages now.

Started off with my MK4 Fiesta, which i had for a year and then i came about a Mazda MX-5 which i've loved having for the last 8 months.

HOWEVER. I did some maths (for the first time in a long time) and i was spending alot of money running the Mazda, and it's getting to the point where it's probably going to start costing alot of money to start fixing.

My Mum and Dad stumbled across the offer of no interest, zero deposit finance deal on Vauxhall Corsas, so i copied them and i'm getting my very own.

The first image of the showroom tart, the second is my actual car.

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

It's a brand spanking new 61 plate Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 16v Limited Edition in Red.

Various things chucked in with it, black roof, 17" black alloys, cruise control, air conditioning, tinted windows, VXR body kit, sports-style seats, leather steering wheel, trip computer. All mine for a shiny £190 a month.

As much as i love the Mazda, it isn't making financial sense any more and this finance opportunity isn't going to come round every day, so i bit the bullet. I love it.

I had a corsa about 15 years ago, worst car I have ever known and worst service i ever recieved. Never gone back or will to Vauxhall. They depreciate quicker than Gadaffi leaving Libya.

Hope you enjoy it though, getting a brand spanking new car is always a special time.

They look like they've changed a little bit from 15 years ago. My dad had a Vectra for a few months in the late 90s and was adement he would never want to buy one, fast forward 12 years and he's bought one! Well, my Mum has.

So far i've had very good service from my dealership, everything has been very simple and quick, i ordered it last tuesday night, processed on Wednesday morning and it should be with me on Tuesday or Thursday depending on whether the DVLA registration computers are working again!

Getting a brand new car has definitely been far too exciting, i haven't thought about much else for the past week!

Getting a brand new car has definitely been far too exciting, i haven't thought about much else for the past week!

Congratulations on your purchase. I first found this forum on my long but exciting wait for my fiesta. Nothing better than picking up a brand new vechicle all for yourself :D

Did you look around for deals on a 2012 Fiesta or just go straight for the Corsa?

Paul :)

Yes, i had a quick look at all similar cars, but nothing could match the finance offer that Vauxhall have on these, which is having to pay no deposit, no interest on the finance.

I would have wanted something that looked sporty, but was cheap to insure, which this is. Also it's just been facelifted, which i like. I would have HATED to have just bought a car for it to be facelifted a couple of months later!

I've never been THAT impressed with the MK7 if i'm honest, i had a lengthy fiddle with one when i was in a dealership waiting for my Mum's old car to be fixed. I found the interior to be pretty cheap, especially the door handles. Sounds petty but you have to use them all the time! Also probably something to do with the fact that people have to wait absolutely ridiculous times to get their new fiesta which i find appalling.

The one thing that impresses me with the Corsa is the interior, i love it.

If money hadn't have been an issue, i would still have looked at the Corsa, but probably opted for something like the Polo.

I'm more excited than 5 year olds at Christmas, it's ridiculous!

nice looking Corsa although I think the 1.2 is a little under powered I have to agree the interiors are very nice and they have certainly improved over the last few years. I hope the mpg is better than my wifes 1.4 which I think is poor and the reason we will be looking to sell it next year, however whilst I prefer the Fiesta I think you have made a good choice B)

I agree about the 1.2 engine, it may be a little underpowered but i don't think it will differ too much from the 1.25 i had in the Fiesta which i loved.

The interior is what drew me to the car, it has the interior of the SRI, but the price of an SE!

I'm quite surprised at the lack of slating, i was all prepared for that!!

Original post edited so as to not mislead the more impressionable members of the forum.

Original post edited so as to not mislead the more impressionable members of the forum.

:lol: Thats more like the truth.

I have to agree the interiors are very nice and they have certainly improved over the last few years

The interior is what drew me to the car, it has the interior of the SRI, but the price of an SE!

I'm quite surprised at the lack of slating, i was all prepared for that!!

I'm not seeing what you's see about the corsa's interior at all. Its just a flat slab of buttons and a small screen.

I know some of the fiestas interior items are a little cheap and clicky, but at least it has shape to it and you can see some design has went into it..... or is it just me(?)

(slating over) sorry

lol

Don't be sorry! True, the Corsa isn't very shapey inside but i think it feels much more solid. I like the radio and fan set up of the Fiesta, but i think the dials and the surround and door handles look and feel cheap.

I'm happy, you're happy, the world is happy.

Don't be sorry! True, the Corsa isn't very shapey inside but i think it feels much more solid. I like the radio and fan set up of the Fiesta, but i think the dials and the surround and door handles look and feel cheap.

I'm happy, you're happy, the world is happy.

lol good good :)

• Like 1

Hmm I had a corsa sri as a courtesy car a year or so ago. 1.2 - hated it. Nice chassis like the fiesta but it ended there. Boring interior, underpowered, not to my taste, sorry

It's a bit like that "Evans Halshaw Ford Fiesta GTR" that was a 1.25l with black vinyl roof, black alloys and zetec s body kit. Sheep in wolfs clothing :)

I too am not a massive fan of the Corsa, though the recent facelift looks a lot better than the pre-facelift imo. My friend has a 1.2 Corsa and my 1.6 Zetec S is far quicker and far more efficient, though her's is an auto which hinders her in both ways somewhat.

Still, seems like you've got yourself a decent deal, I pay £190 a month for 3.5 years (£2,000 deposit) on my second hand fiesta (6,000 miles when bought)

Hope you enjoy your car!

• Like 1

I'm not seeing what you's see about the corsa's interior at all. Its just a flat slab of buttons and a small screen.

I know some of the fiestas interior items are a little cheap and clicky, but at least it has shape to it and you can see some design has went into it..... or is it just me(?)

(slating over) sorry

lol

design wise yes the Fiesta has the edge but the Corsa interior has a better quality feel to the plastics, switches and metal door openers. Even the seats feel like they will last and take some abuse, but I wouldn't swap :)

• Like 1

A friend of mine bought the same one,but he went for yellow/black combination.....

car looks great,and that is it....the whole car feels lumpy and slow compared to the new Fiesta 1.25 or Mazda 2...still way better than the Clio or Citroen c3 tho.....

Hmm I had a corsa sri as a courtesy car a year or so ago. 1.2 - hated it. Nice chassis like the fiesta but it ended there. Boring interior, underpowered, not to my taste, sorry

Don't be sorry, it's an opinion.

It's a bit like that "Evans Halshaw Ford Fiesta GTR" that was a 1.25l with black vinyl roof, black alloys and zetec s body kit. Sheep in wolfs clothing :)

I too am not a massive fan of the Corsa, though the recent facelift looks a lot better than the pre-facelift imo. My friend has a 1.2 Corsa and my 1.6 Zetec S is far quicker and far more efficient, though her's is an auto which hinders her in both ways somewhat.

Still, seems like you've got yourself a decent deal, I pay £190 a month for 3.5 years (£2,000 deposit) on my second hand fiesta (6,000 miles when bought)

Hope you enjoy your car!

The Evans Halshaw car you're on about is an odd spare parts job for one dealership, this is a car that Vauxhall themselves have released. Still, it is exactly what you say it is - a sheep in wolfs clothing! No denying that. I also think the facelift looks loads better, i've seen lots of pre-facelifts around now and the fronts look pretty cheap.

design wise yes the Fiesta has the edge but the Corsa interior has a better quality feel to the plastics, switches and metal door openers. Even the seats feel like they will last and take some abuse

This is exactly what i think.

To me it's just another Opel...;)

I prefer Starbursts.

A friend of mine bought the same one,but he went for yellow/black combination.....

car looks great,and that is it....the whole car feels lumpy and slow compared to the new Fiesta 1.25 or Mazda 2...still way better than the Clio or Citroen c3 tho.....

I'll blame it on the fact that it's yellow.

Cheers, i love it.

I'm collecting it on Thursday, very impatient

I had the option of the Corsa as a company car, but none of the dealers near me had the model I wanted to test drive, so I went for the fiesta. When I have had a poke about in them, the interior does feel netters made than that in the fiesta although not as design flair (its quite germanic in its approach). One thing that I did prefer was the 6 speed box in the derv engines I was looking at, which would be better on a motorway.

If the SRI derv had been on the list, I think I could have been persuaded; EVO gave it a pretty good review a few months ago. Although, if I had my way, I would have had a Mito or DS over both the Corsa and Fiesta.

My other half bought her Corsa (shape before yours) on the same deal, no deposit, no interest and a year free insurance. Although not a drivers car, it has been so reliable over the last 6 years and is cheap to service. It was certainly more reliable than my beemer which had a list price almost three times more than the Corsa.

Good luck with it, hope it turns out to be a good purchase.

• Like 1

Cheers matey. I've not heard any bad things about them, so hopefully it will be a good car for a few years!

Mine's just the look fast, be anything but fast

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club