akakray

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2011

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

Hmm I had a corsa sri as a courtesy car a year or so ago. 1.2 - hated it. Nice chassis like the fiesta but it ended there. Boring interior, underpowered, not to my taste, sorry

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 MRC89

MRC89

Mark

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Metal 134
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

It's a bit like that "Evans Halshaw Ford Fiesta GTR" that was a 1.25l with black vinyl roof, black alloys and zetec s body kit. Sheep in wolfs clothing :)
I too am not a massive fan of the Corsa, though the recent facelift looks a lot better than the pre-facelift imo. My friend has a 1.2 Corsa and my 1.6 Zetec S is far quicker and far more efficient, though her's is an auto which hinders her in both ways somewhat.

Still, seems like you've got yourself a decent deal, I pay 190 a month for 3.5 years (2,000 deposit) on my second hand fiesta (6,000 miles when bought)
Hope you enjoy your car!

#18 cyb

cyb

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 548 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci
  • Year: 2009

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

I'm not seeing what you's see about the corsa's interior at all. Its just a flat slab of buttons and a small screen.
I know some of the fiestas interior items are a little cheap and clicky, but at least it has shape to it and you can see some design has went into it..... or is it just me(?)

(slating over) sorry

lol

design wise yes the Fiesta has the edge but the Corsa interior has a better quality feel to the plastics, switches and metal door openers. Even the seats feel like they will last and take some abuse, but I wouldn't swap :)

#19 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Name: Tato
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

To me it's just another Opel...;)

#20 blade

blade

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Name: Robert
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

A friend of mine bought the same one,but he went for yellow/black combination.....

car looks great,and that is it....the whole car feels lumpy and slow compared to the new Fiesta 1.25 or Mazda 2...still way better than the Clio or Citroen c3 tho.....

#21 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hmm I had a corsa sri as a courtesy car a year or so ago. 1.2 - hated it. Nice chassis like the fiesta but it ended there. Boring interior, underpowered, not to my taste, sorry

Don't be sorry, it's an opinion.

It's a bit like that "Evans Halshaw Ford Fiesta GTR" that was a 1.25l with black vinyl roof, black alloys and zetec s body kit. Sheep in wolfs clothing :)
I too am not a massive fan of the Corsa, though the recent facelift looks a lot better than the pre-facelift imo. My friend has a 1.2 Corsa and my 1.6 Zetec S is far quicker and far more efficient, though her's is an auto which hinders her in both ways somewhat.

Still, seems like you've got yourself a decent deal, I pay 190 a month for 3.5 years (2,000 deposit) on my second hand fiesta (6,000 miles when bought)
Hope you enjoy your car!

The Evans Halshaw car you're on about is an odd spare parts job for one dealership, this is a car that Vauxhall themselves have released. Still, it is exactly what you say it is - a sheep in wolfs clothing! No denying that. I also think the facelift looks loads better, i've seen lots of pre-facelifts around now and the fronts look pretty cheap.

design wise yes the Fiesta has the edge but the Corsa interior has a better quality feel to the plastics, switches and metal door openers. Even the seats feel like they will last and take some abuse

This is exactly what i think.

To me it's just another Opel...;)

I prefer Starbursts.

A friend of mine bought the same one,but he went for yellow/black combination.....

car looks great,and that is it....the whole car feels lumpy and slow compared to the new Fiesta 1.25 or Mazda 2...still way better than the Clio or Citroen c3 tho.....

I'll blame it on the fact that it's yellow.

#22 akakray

akakray

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Agreed though the facelift does look better. Glad you like it mate

#23 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

Cheers, i love it.

I'm collecting it on Thursday, very impatient

#24 Sam C

Sam C

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi Mark VII

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

I had the option of the Corsa as a company car, but none of the dealers near me had the model I wanted to test drive, so I went for the fiesta. When I have had a poke about in them, the interior does feel netters made than that in the fiesta although not as design flair (its quite germanic in its approach). One thing that I did prefer was the 6 speed box in the derv engines I was looking at, which would be better on a motorway.

If the SRI derv had been on the list, I think I could have been persuaded; EVO gave it a pretty good review a few months ago. Although, if I had my way, I would have had a Mito or DS over both the Corsa and Fiesta.

My other half bought her Corsa (shape before yours) on the same deal, no deposit, no interest and a year free insurance. Although not a drivers car, it has been so reliable over the last 6 years and is cheap to service. It was certainly more reliable than my beemer which had a list price almost three times more than the Corsa.

Good luck with it, hope it turns out to be a good purchase.

#25 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

Cheers matey. I've not heard any bad things about them, so hopefully it will be a good car for a few years!

Mine's just the look fast, be anything but fast

#26 Nicola 88

Nicola 88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCI

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:04 AM

I love the facelift corsa, the front looks so nice! My sister has one and the price you pay for what you get is just amazing, she got so much for so little! Really don't like the interior facia thing though, it just looks a bit dated to me, but then the back feels so much more spacious than the fiesta. When I was looking at cars I seriously considered the corsa, its just such a bargain and you look like you have a cracking deal!

Hope you enjoy it :D

#27 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

Cheers! The one bit i don't like about the interior is the information display, it has not been changed for about 15 years, not good! My Mum's has the updated version because she has bluetooth, which i'm quite jealous of. But instead of bluetooth, i get cruise control and a trip computer. Kadoosh.

#28 ONETrueSaturday

ONETrueSaturday

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Name: Darrell
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Zetec S 120Bhp

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

Nice enough looking car mate, hope you enjoy it.

Not a massive fan of the new shape Corsa however if I had to pick one I'd go for the 1.6 VXR turbo at least it has the engine to back up the looks, better looking exterior kit too it aswell.

#29 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

VXR would have been my choice too! This is second best to it looks wise, definitely not power wise!!

#30 cyb

cyb

• FOC Supporters
  • 548 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

i've seen lots of pre-facelifts around now and the fronts look pretty cheap.

OY!
less of it :angry:

and WHITE looks so much better than yellow - so there :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users