AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elliotc

Suspension Difference?

3 posts in this topic

Probabily already been asked but I am looking at buying a Focus maybe I am looking at a TDCi 115bhp 2002 Zetec soon and wanted to know what is different about the suspension? I understand the Zetec is suppose to have sports suspension my dad has a zetec estate but what exactly is different shocks, springs and/or anything else? Also does this mean they will ware out quicker as im on a budget atm with running costs.

IIRC Zetec springs are a little stiffer than other versions. Wont be a huge difference, if you buy aftermarket suspension parts, they dont ask whether its a zetec or LX etc just whether its a hatch, saloon or wagon.

As far as im aware, my 51 plate focus zetec is still on its original suspension. So i would have to say there is no extra costs because parts wear out quicker. It will just depend on your mileage and road surface really. Must admit the zetec is a nice stiff firm ride.