63 replies to this topic

#16 MarkyR

MarkyR

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

3-4 weeks and counting ;) although rumors are now pointing towards an iPhone of the same form factor as the iPhone 4 (which I hope ISN'T the case!)

haha, i'm actually hoping it IS the same size. I am in the opposite camp to you, I think though reading the rumours I'm going to be happy and you'll be disappointed, but who knows with Apple? I was hoping they launch two phones, a 4S and a 5. Doesn't look like it though :(

But back to the ST, and talking about phones, what tech will we have as an option for next years models? Will they offer the full Ford Sync system? Like in the Focus? And a colour screen?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 MRC89

MRC89

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Should also add that I guess as the Fiesta is a concept, then if the front end isn't well received then Ford can alway's change it before next year? But the front does match the spy shots seen of the test car.

Let's just hope an important Ford designer stumbles across our board!
I'd seriously consider this car, but if they released it like this, as earlier, I'd have to revert the front end back to a Zetec S look if possible.

#18 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

Let's just hope an important Ford designer stumbles across our board!
I'd seriously consider this car, but if they released it like this, as earlier, I'd have to revert the front end back to a Zetec S look if possible.

I'll reserve judgment because I actually hated the new Fiesta styling, until I saw it in the flesh!! So maybe I will like this more in the flesh too.
Also of note is the engine, it's almost like the Zetec S petrol with a Turbo bolted on. It will have the twin cam TI-VCT technology as well as all the rest. And 40MPG plus is nice too.

#19 MRC89

MRC89

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

I'd be interested to know where ford gained the 60ps, most of course will be from the turbo but just how much? If all 60ps comes from the turbo that's an increase of 50% power, I'm no expert on turbos but that seems alot.

As it's the same engine (more or less) underneathe, do mountune even need to make new kits? the 140ps and 155ps packs should be a direct replacement? If so, that'd be 200ps (140ps pack) and 215ps (155ps pack). Those would be pretty hot figures to be readily available at car launch!

40MPG should also be achievable too on the long runs, when turbo's aren't on boost they use very little energy, and you should see similar MPG as the N/A 1.6. It's gunna plummit when you thrash it though, I get my ZS down to mid 20's occassionally!

#20 MRC89

MRC89

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

Just also noticed, the headlamps are a different shape, as well as the insides being different.
This is gunna mean it'll be hard to swap out that grille, bumper and bonnet, unless Ford bring in the same shape headlamps on the facelift, with a current style front bumper/grille set up.

#21 hula89

hula89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: '09 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

I'd be interested to know where ford gained the 60ps, most of course will be from the turbo but just how much? If all 60ps comes from the turbo that's an increase of 50% power, I'm no expert on turbos but that seems alot.

As it's the same engine (more or less) underneathe, do mountune even need to make new kits? the 140ps and 155ps packs should be a direct replacement? If so, that'd be 200ps (140ps pack) and 215ps (155ps pack). Those would be pretty hot figures to be readily available at car launch!

40MPG should also be achievable too on the long runs, when turbo's aren't on boost they use very little energy, and you should see similar MPG as the N/A 1.6. It's gunna plummit when you thrash it though, I get my ZS down to mid 20's occassionally!

Turbos should be good for economy they work by forcing air into the engine creating a better air to fuel mixture and thus making the fuel burn more efficiently this is why they have Turbo Diesels as it is for the economy.

#22 Nay ZS

Nay ZS

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Zetec S

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Perhaps they will alter the front end down for production but overall I would say I'm very interested in this car. No dought that it will be great to drive. Really hope they go for the painted brake calipers. I'm also hoping that it will come with features such as a Xenon option, the torque vectoring system from the Focus and full sync with colour screen.

#23 Nay ZS

Nay ZS

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Zetec S

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

http://www.fordfiest...=0&fpart=4&vc=1

There is a photo on this page of a white one. From a front on angle it looks much better.

#24 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=335536&page=0&fpart=4&vc=1

There is a photo on this page of a white one. From a front on angle it looks much better.

Coppied them for ya :)

And I have to say, white still looks friggin good on it.. :D

#26 Ryan9684

Ryan9684

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S Mk7

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

It's not more or less the same engine though :huh:

#27 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,718 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

Looks good.

A few more shots from different angles - http://www.autoblog....-tough-hotness/

#28 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

A current Fiesta from Frankfurt. For some reason Autocar put it on the ST storey?
Anyway, looking at this, then looking at the ST, the ST looks better i think?

Posted Image

#29 adzmcp

adzmcp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 2009
Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

The whole idea of an Ecoboost engine is not only are they turbo charged they are much lighter than a normal petrol and smaller in size too. Resulting in a more powerful and lighter car

#30 andyedge

andyedge

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Panther Black Fiesta Metal 2012
  • Year: 2012

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

Ooh baby :wub: Gotta love this in White :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users