Wooder

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta metal
  • Year: 2012

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

I am picking up my new car on the 5 oct and the car do not have them and the dealers say it's not law yet I have bought a fiesta metal the car has not been built yet should it have them

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 adzmcp

adzmcp

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 2009
Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

No its not law. The new regulations state any new car built after a certain date must have them. By new it means all new. Ie if ford released a puma it would now need drls. The loop hole is if It's a face lift model like the new facelift Fiesta next year they still don't need drls. It's only on all new models. Manufactures are sly like this. Meaning it will be a while before all cars on market have them

#3 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

yeh as stated above, they are only meant to be fitted if its a new shape basically, not a new model within a range i.e. s1600, metal etc to save manufactures the cost of re-designing a front end ... the ST however should have them (after seeing pictures) because its a re-designed front end... although some manufactures have thrown them top end models that pre-date the law

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users