Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dtc 9202 Fuel Sender Open Circuit

Maggsy

HI ALL!

OK SO FILLED THE CAR TO A FULL TANK THE OTHER DAY-NO PROBLEMS

TODAY (35MILES LATER) THE FUEL GAUGE STAYS ON EMPTY.

I HAVE DONE THE DASH TEST AND GOT DTC CODE 9202 = FUEL SENDER OPEN CIRCUIT.

MY QUESTIONS ARE...

IS THIS SERIOUS?

WHAT HARM WILL IT DO?

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS NEEDED TO GET THIS FIXED-PART NUMBER ECT?

IS IT AN EXPENSIVE JOB TO GET DONE?

ON THE DASH TEST...

FUEL READING WAS - F255

oil READING WAS - O 155

battery VOLTAGE WAS - B155

OTHER SYMPTONS LEADING UP TO THIS....

CAR HESITATION

CUTTING OUT (REVS DROP TOO LOW WHEN STOP/DIP CLUTCH)

SOMETIMES REVS INCREASE WHEN CHANGING GEAR/DIP CLUTCH

WOULD THESE SYMPTONS BE RELATED??

PLEASE HELP! ANY ADVICE WELCOME!

MANY THANKS!!

FORGOT TO MENTION THE CAR IN QUESTION IS A FORD FOCUS 2.0L 16V GHIA MK1 '99' PETROL

sometimes when the coil pack begins to fail it can confuse the central timer unit so things like heated windscreen, variable wipers and quite a few other things dont function, i dont know if this could be whats affecting the fuel gauge.

If it comes down to replacing the coil pack i would advise that you stick with genuine parts, ive heard many stories and been there myself with aftermarket parts on the mk1 focus not lasting and causing trouble. The plugs and leads are the first parts to replace before the coil but beware the genuine leads are not cheap. there are so called 'genuine' coil packs available on eBay for about £40 - ive never had any hassle with these units.

when the car hesitates, does it feel like its misfiring?

hi stef123, thanks for your reply.

coil pack would be alot cheaper if so...just got a quote from ford for a fuel tank sender and they say it only comes with the pump - £290? :-/

it never hesitates with open throttle-pulling away ect, (yet anyway) but more when holding a steddy speed. sometimes if release throttle and re-apply gently whilst cruising also does the same.

i would say it feels more like someone has touched the brakes/loss of power, anything from a split second to about 3secs then picks up again.

i have changed the plugs (genuine) but still the same.

i have used all genuine parts up to now but got a feeling genuine coil pack and plugs may cost lol, waiting on a quote from dealer.

i did get a quote from local motor factors and was only £50 for leads&coil pack. seems a cheap (poss) fix compared to what i think ford may come back with?

one thing that was mentioned is a plate that the coil mounts to. apparently sometimes it needs replacing??? coil jumps from £30 to £85 if so??

with regards to revs and cutting out starting to think that could be completley seperate like icv? i dont know if the focus suffers from this prob?

hi stef123, thanks for your reply.

coil pack would be alot cheaper if so...just got a quote from ford for a fuel tank sender and they say it only comes with the pump - £290? :-/

it never hesitates with open throttle-pulling away ect, (yet anyway) but more when holding a steddy speed. sometimes if release throttle and re-apply gently whilst cruising also does the same.

i would say it feels more like someone has touched the brakes/loss of power, anything from a split second to about 3secs then picks up again.

i have changed the plugs (genuine) but still the same.

i have used all genuine parts up to now but got a feeling genuine coil pack and plugs may cost lol, waiting on a quote from dealer.

i did get a quote from local motor factors and was only £50 for leads&coil pack. seems a cheap (poss) fix compared to what i think ford may come back with?

one thing that was mentioned is a plate that the coil mounts to. apparently sometimes it needs replacing??? coil jumps from £30 to £85 if so??

with regards to revs and cutting out starting to think that could be completley seperate like icv? i dont know if the focus suffers from this prob?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COIL-PACK-IGNITION-Focus-Mondeo-fiesta-OE-FORD-not-COPY-/390059606434?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ad15d41a2

use these coil packs i use them on many cars including my old mk1 and hd no issues with them

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5ad15d41a2

use these coil packs i use them on many cars including my old mk1 and hd no issues with them as for the leads from the motor factors dont use them they are junk i got them and gave me misfiring they are cheap and nasty ford ones are 68 quid for all 4 but they work and wont need replaced alternatively visit a local scrappy and remove a few sets

yeah thanks artscot79 may just get that coil pack from eBay, £30 against ford's £106 not bad.

just got a quote from ford parts online £160 for leads and coil :-/

yeah thanks artscot79 may just get that coil pack from ebay, £30 against ford's £106 not bad.

just got a quote from ford parts online £160 for leads and coil :-/

leads are 68 from ford and add the coil from eBay its still cheaper than fords like i say i have used these coils many times they are gauranteed for 12 months ive done 6 or 7 of them oldest is 4 years old now and no issues they are ford parts juat not sold as motorcraft

changed leads so far still the same........maybe a stupid question but if a car is missing would you hear it as the sensation im getting is loss of power briefly like someone has touched the brakes??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club