Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Is Getting On My Nerves

fiesta_lad

Hi all i drive a fiesta mk5 1.3i endure e engine petrol 51 plate. When i drive i am haveing alot of noises squeaking, creaking and its doing my head in.

First off when i drive i've got a anoying creak which sounds like its comeing from the rear but then it sounds like its comeing from the middle of the car. Now june just gone i replaced lower ball joint and wish bones both sides. Then september just gone the short handbrake cable that goes to the lever snapped so i replaced that all being well car been great until now i am getting creaking from the back and when i brake i can hear swanging something knocking which could be the brakes has i have abit of a lip on the disc.

But above all it's doing my head in and all i am looking for is a cheap fix or something temp i am even thinking of getting rid of the car because to many problems are going on and i can't really aford it.

So has anyone got any ideas what it could be and where to start looking. thanks alan.

This is my opinion i no others would disagree.But i would get some WD40 and squirt it on certain moving areas of the car ie.like where your springs seat on the rear beam and just slowly work over your car eradicating one thing at a time untill you come across the area thats creaking and this way you pretty much narrow it down to that one area ;)

This is my opinion i no others would disagree.But i would get some WD40 and squirt it on certain moving areas of the car ie.like where your springs seat on the rear beam and just slowly work over your car eradicating one thing at a time untill you come across the area thats creaking and this way you pretty much narrow it down to that one area ;)

Well after a good listen today the creaking noise is comeing from the front left area which i thought it was comeing from the rear. So what i am going to do is spary some silicone spray on rubber parts etc and see how that goes like on the bushes on the wishbones just give them a good lube.

Well after a good listen today the creaking noise is comeing from the front left area which i thought it was comeing from the rear. So what i am going to do is spary some silicone spray on rubber parts etc and see how that goes like on the bushes on the wishbones just give them a good lube.

well atleast you now know where its coming from.

could be a bush or perhaps even the strut mount/bearing.

well atleast you now know where its coming from.

could be a bush or perhaps even the strut mount/bearing.

Any idea were these will be located and were to start looking cheers.

Any idea were these will be located and were to start looking cheers.

the wishbone will have 2 bushes, these are quite easy to spot. the strut mount/bearing is at the top of the spring - it allows the suspension to turn, again quite easy to spot.

i would also have a look at the anti roll bar bushes while your at it, you will see the drop link from the strut joining a long bar that goes to the other side, this bar will have 2 bushes.

a bush btw is just a rubber mount that allows 2 metal parts to be connected and allow movement.

the wishbone will have 2 bushes, these are quite easy to spot. the strut mount/bearing is at the top of the spring - it allows the suspension to turn, again quite easy to spot.

i would also have a look at the anti roll bar bushes while your at it, you will see the drop link from the strut joining a long bar that goes to the other side, this bar will have 2 bushes.

a bush btw is just a rubber mount that allows 2 metal parts to be connected and allow movement.

Well the wishbone bushes have only just been done june when i done the ball joint wishbones so i hope it's not that. Hopefully the weather picks up the weekend and i will have a good luck cheers alan.