Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help!! Regarding Lowering

Fast Fiesta

I have been seriously considering lowering, coilovers are always a popular option.

however for now, i am seriously interested in the lowering springs.

My problem is this;

will a 5 door with a 35mm lowering kit appear lower than a 3 door with the same kit?? or put differently will a 5 door with a 50mm lowering kit be unsuitable i.e passengers?

(i know people will say its the same springs and chassis, but im wondering with the extra door and slightly less sporty set up, and possibly heavier? will it sit any different?)

Please any help or clarification woiuld be really appreciated

Thankyou in advance

The extra doors won't make a difference. The 3 door has considerably larger doors than the 5 and each individual door weighs a lot more. If there is any overall weight difference then it will be tiny.

As regards passengers. I had 5 people in my car (me plus 4) on Wednesday night. Driving country roads and it handled perfectly throughput the whole drive. The one in the passenger seat was a biiiiig boy. Maybe 20+ stone too!

I'm running 30mm eibachs

Danny

Thankyou very much, i appreciate your quick reply, if what you say is right then i am looking forward to putting on a similar kit to you as your car looks fantastic!!, im considering the H&R 35mm- just want that bit extra :)

Thanks for clearing up the problem!!

p.s does anyone know if the 50mm lowering springs will damage the components at all or quicker, ive considered 50mm but cannot find matching shocks and was not sure if the existing shocks would be up for the challenge alone?

Honestly, I'd recommend against using standard shocks if you're going lower than 30mm.... 35mm at a push.

If you're unsure, why don't you get coilovers? Just need to keep an eye on bearings

Danny

Ps. thank you for the compliment on my car. :)

Honestly, I'd recommend against using standard shocks if you're going lower than 30mm.... 35mm at a push.

If you're unsure, why don't you get coilovers? Just need to keep an eye on bearings

Danny

Ps. thank you for the compliment on my car. :)

Ok so i have just rang a local garage, im seriously considering the H&R 35mm :)

The garage said they wont fit them; they said fitting lowering springs ruins the setup of the car, and camber is heavily affected so much so they dont want anything to do with it.

i agree camber will be affected, but i was thinking with the H&R kit designed to fit the fiesta will it be ok? and should i just go ahead and get it done somewhere else? thankyou.

Ok so i have just rang a local garage, im seriously considering the H&R 35mm :)

The garage said they wont fit them; they said fitting lowering springs ruins the setup of the car, and camber is heavily affected so much so they dont want anything to do with it.

i agree camber will be affected, but i was thinking with the H&R kit designed to fit the fiesta will it be ok? and should i just go ahead and get it done somewhere else? thankyou.

Quck update since last post, i have contacted several local garages near me, all say they wont fit the lowering springs due to camber problems, this is frustrating and putting me off lowering, my car needs lowering badly, but all the garages cant be wrong? It must knacker the car up bad if they dont want to be held responsible?

Ford offer the Eibach 30mm springs directly.... that is what gave me the confidence to buy em. Fitted em myself with a mate.

I doubt 5mm is gonna have much extra effect.... on camber or visually. This is why I stuck to Eibach. I know Ford would've tested spring rate etc.

But a garage knocking back work? Lol

Ford offer the Eibach 30mm springs directly.... that is what gave me the confidence to buy em. Fitted em myself with a mate.

I doubt 5mm is gonna have much extra effect.... on camber or visually. This is why I stuck to Eibach. I know Ford would've tested spring rate etc.

But a garage knocking back work? Lol

Thankyou for your help through this, i thought the same also regarding ford (they wouldnt supply them if they were going to knacker the car).

do you have standard shocks??

also do you notice any uneven wear? (on the inside of the tyre)

multiple garages have knocked back work,-been phoning every garage i know, im fuming.

Thankyou for your help through this, i thought the same also regarding ford (they wouldnt supply them if they were going to knacker the car).

do you have standard shocks??

also do you notice any uneven wear? (on the inside of the tyre

multiple garages have knocked back work,-been phoning every garage i know, im fuming.

I have 30mm Eibach with standard shocks, noticed no signs of uneven wear at all. Looks good and feels good! Lol :D

I agree. Standard shocks on mine too. Again, how Ford do it.

For the sake of 5mm, I'd go Eibach for the peace of mind. Your choice at the end of the day. Bring ur car to me and I'll fit em for a case of beer. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club