Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

We Buy Any Car ? We Steal Any Car!

jmurray01

Tonight, I thought to myself; I wonder how much my Fiesta is worth...

I am not planning on selling her by the way, I would never do that, I love the car far to much to sell her, but just out of curiosity, I thought I'd see what We Buy Any Car would give me, if I should lose my mind one day and decide to sell her!

Well, the car is as follows:

1997 P-Reg,

Ford Fiesta Ghia,

1.25 Litre 16 Valve,

76,600 Miles,

State Blue,

Rust on both rear wheel arches,

25CM Scratch on N/S rear door,

Apart from that, immaculate.

I thought the quote would be about £300-400, maybe even £200 in today's market...

Nothing prepared me for this!

FordFiestaQuote.jpg

Good thing I'm not selling her, if that is all I'd get! :o

Thank God she is priceless in sentimentality! B)

The valuations are always low on WBAC - they have to be able to make a profit on the car when they sell it on, it's not a charity after all.

The valuations are always low on WBAC - they have to be able to make a profit on the car when they sell it on, it's not a charity after all.

I'm pretty sure they could sell the car for at least £450!

£105 is just a rip off.

How do they sell the cars anyway ? Do they sell them in auctions or sell them to dealerships ?

Hi mate, that's so funny. £105 for a 97 Fiesta! I've just done mine and this is my result...

th_2-1.jpg

Late 2001 MK5 Fiesta Freestyle,

FSH to 90,000miles,

1.25 Zetec,

5 Door,

Grey Steel Metallic,

MOT until December 1st 2011,

Excellent condition except a split in rear bumper. No rust on arches etc & unmarked alloys.

Even going to a dealer we'd be able to trade in for better than that!

I'd be interested to know how they sell their cars too? Are they auctioned off or sold with a warranty etc?

Dan

i would get 3675 for mine lol, i would guess they would sell them to auctions if the value of the car was below a certain level, dealerships arent interested in cheap cars generally as they end up being more hassle than they are worth.

£8,150.01 for mine, which aint too bad! Goes to show what type of cars they are after. I know my car is worth more, but for them to take it off my hands with little questions asked, the £8k aint a bad offer.

I deal with this company on a weekly basis,

Decent cars they sell via Carcraft....

Over 7 years old, or 70k they sell on a fixed bid auction in manchester.

Trade only, but you can pick up a bargain!

• 6 years later...

Sorry, had to vent somewhere. Just got a terrible online valuation from WeBuyAnyCar for my Ford Focus.

Apparently £500 under what it's worth on Auto Trader is acceptable? Um, no.

Anyway, I wanted to sell my older Focus fast as it's getting a little 'tired'. Couldn't be bothered with classifieds, so I looked beyond WBAC for instant-selling alternatives....

I found a website where you can compare prices from a number of car buying websites. I found a MUCH BETTER price and sold the following week for a decent price.

Really pleased as with all the annoying adverts about, I am beginning to hate We Buy Any Car ;) 

Edited by alexp999
removed link
  • Like 1

Just had a quick look and my offer was £1100 more using Motorway so when it comes to selling I’ll definitely take a look, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club