Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Maintenance Item Questions...

jmurray01

Could somebody please tell me approximately how long these items tend to last on a MK4 Fiesta (millage wise).

Wheel Bearings

Catalytic Converter (engine running cleanly and smoothly)

Head Gasket (1.25 Zetec-SE)

Thanks in advance.

And the reason I mentioned the Cat Con (apart from just wondering), is because on the last MOT, the emissions test passed by the skin of its teeth!

Let me explain - Natural Idle Test, Max Limit - 0.300 CO, Actual Value - 0.299 CO! :o

0.002 more and it would have failed.

Is that a sign that it is failing ?

It passed quite well on the high idle test by the way.

hey, in regards to emmisions run your car a little low on fuel, fill with Shell expensive, take it up the bum fuel...and throw in some of that fuel treatment stuff. also clean the egr with wynns egr 3 that should lower your emissions to pass. saves you a few pennies. thats what i would do.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll try that.

I am starting to think that even if I get another year or two out of the Cat Con, it won't last much longer, as our 1998 Rover 216 had to get its Catalytic Converter replaced last year for the MOT, and it had 76,800 miles then. The Fiesta has 76,600 now...

I bought a bottle of fuel treatment for the mot of my focus when i had it earlier in the year, it was expensive at £15, never got the chance to use it so i still have it but i know others who have used it and its good stuff - smells pretty bad though.

let me find it..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cataclean-Fuel-System-Cleaner-Catalytic-Convertors-etc-/260797840725?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb8c33d55#ht_1825wt_911

Thanks, I'll try that.

I am starting to think that even if I get another year or two out of the Cat Con, it won't last much longer, as our 1998 Rover 216 had to get its Catalytic Converter replaced last year for the MOT, and it had 76,800 miles then. The Fiesta has 76,600 now...

Sold my 98 Fiesta with 113000 miles on clock. Still passing MOTs today new owner tells me. I never used supermarket fuel, and now and then added a fuel cleaner. American type if I remember. Also well before MOT take it for a really good run, to clear its throat if you know what I mean.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club