Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

Anyone else got a Mk3 Focus with keyless entry ? Do you too find it a bit 'hit and miss' ?

Numerous times I have gone to the car, opened the boot then closed the boot (keyless entry). Then gone to drivers door and nothing happens, car doesn't unlock in fact it sounds if it is trying to lock the car. End up getting frustrated and just using the fob to press the car unlock button. Went to petrol station today, filled up locked car with a 'handswipe' on drivers handle - all ok. Went in, paid, came out, grabbed drivers door handle and NOTHING !! Ended up using key fob again - complete and utter waste of money IMHO. Rant over.........................

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

I have keyless entry on my 2010 Tit , and i had to go and get it updated as it went crazy locking me out of the car , since the update its been fine.Although if ihad purchased the car from new i would not have added that option

#3 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Mate I pick mine up Friday with keyless so let you know in time !!

#4 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

Anyone else got a Mk3 Focus with keyless entry ? Do you too find it a bit 'hit and miss' ?

Numerous times I have gone to the car, opened the boot then closed the boot (keyless entry). Then gone to drivers door and nothing happens, car doesn't unlock in fact it sounds if it is trying to lock the car. End up getting frustrated and just using the fob to press the car unlock button. Went to petrol station today, filled up locked car with a 'handswipe' on drivers handle - all ok. Went in, paid, came out, grabbed drivers door handle and NOTHING !! Ended up using key fob again - complete and utter waste of money IMHO. Rant over.........................

Hi, if its not working correctly so take it back to the dealership then, it serves no purpose to rant here, mine works fine.
Chris

#5 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hi, if its not working correctly so take it back to the dealership then, it serves no purpose to rant here, mine works fine.
Chris

Not surprised with that answer, you seem to have the perfect car.

#6 pauljoanss

pauljoanss

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Also have 2010 Ti with Keyless system and it works well. Just keep the key in my pocket and has worked 100% (only had car for 4 weeks). Get a little annoyed when I reach my front door and have to get key ring out of pocket.

#7 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

Had to laugh at his reply to you ! Maybe he does not realise this is a discussion site ?

#8 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

Also have 2010 Ti with Keyless system and it works well. Just keep the key in my pocket and has worked 100% (only had car for 4 weeks). Get a little annoyed when I reach my front door and have to get key ring out of pocket.

Well I have ordered one with keyless entry and pick it up Friday ! Wonder if I can get keyless entry for my front door then problem solved ! Lol

#9 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Hi, lets not go there ok, you seem to have a less than perfect car, however, as I said, you are better off taking your frustration out at the dealership that supplied your car instead of me.
Chris

#10 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

I do believe this is a discussion site ? I also would have asked the same question on here if I had the same problem - seems to me your a little tense ? If you have a problem with someone's post then don't reply just chill out. Discussion sites = Discuss ;-) "Simples" !!!!

#11 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hi, yes a discussion forum, the question was posed, "Anyone else got a Mk3 Focus with keyless entry ? Do you too find it a bit 'hit and miss'" I gave a straight forward answer, so what's the problem?
Chris

#12 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

The guy asked a simple question and you seem to jump on him regarding not taking it to dealer - I pick mine up Friday and if I have an issue I would also ask it on here ? Can't see what the issue is - was the way you challenged him regarding taking it to the dealer - very abrupt / sharp that's all.

#13 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hi, well if that was the truth then I'd apologise, however the op used the words rant, frustrated and used capitals. Thus I suggested this should be better aimed at the dealership. However, did your comment 'Had to laugh at his reply to you !' add anything to this discussion about the keyless system?
Chris

#14 Will Clark IOM

Will Clark IOM

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: Will
  • Ford Model: MK 3 1.6TDCI

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Help my engine has blown up can anyone other than my dealer help me please, you have a problem with a new car take it back as far as I know that's what most normal people would do that's the best thong about buying new or you may aswell got a cheap car. then report back to us and tell us how they got on and what to look for or solutions, not avoiding the dealer like he has the plauge and bitching about it on here, to borrow what wick said "SIMPLES" THe term 'some people are never happy unless there complaining' sping to mind anyone???

#15 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Chill out you lot and get a life ! Actually you amuse me never mind dont worry yourselves over the guys question and sorry your car blew up lol ! Funny you lot .........;-)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users