#31 ukclarkkent

ukclarkkent

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: clark
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2012

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

cheers alexp but i'm afraid that's not what happens on my car.  perhaps i should mention that i have automatic mirrors(convenience pack?)  i bought my car 2nd hand from motorpoint and although i got the manuals it just brushes over the keyless system.

i'm able to unlock my car and open up my mirrors just by walking close to it.  this is especially after opening the boot from cold.  you're right, though, that my boot opens and closes separately to the other doors.

1 of my frustrations with this is that my dealer didn't really know the answers to my questions and there are differing opinions out there.  i've just found out that ford tech info is £1 a minute so that's a no-goer.  i'd just like to know what i've paid £1000s for.

thanks all - keep 'em coming!!!

me

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,347 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.5 EcoBoost 150PS Zetec S
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

I have a Titanium X, with the Appearance pack, so it includes Keyless, Folding mirrors, etc.

The sensor for unlocking the door is on the back of the handle. The car should never unlock just by walking up to it. When you put your hand between the handle and the car (i.e. grab the handle) the car should unfold the mirrors and unlock.

The only issue I have had is sometimes the alarm does not disengage after unlocking the car, I know when it is going to happen as the double locking mechanism is slow to respond. As soon as the key enters the car the alarm stops though.

#33 ukclarkkent

ukclarkkent

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

ah rightio.  i've got a plain(!) titanium, 12 plate with appearance pack not convenience pack then.  cheers.

a sensor on the back of the handle?  i'll check this out when i go out later but my car opens up without my touching it although i do have to be right next to it.  it opens up a split-second before i grab the handle.  i'll try this later on though.

no issues with my alarm in the 3 months i've had it other than forgetting to deactivate the interior sensor when getting out and my baby in the back moving.  so that works alright i assume.

cheers again,

me

#34 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,347 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.5 EcoBoost 150PS Zetec S
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

ah rightio.  i've got a plain(!) titanium, 12 plate with appearance pack not convenience pack then.  cheers.

a sensor on the back of the handle?  i'll check this out when i go out later but my car opens up without my touching it although i do have to be right next to it.  it opens up a split-second before i grab the handle.  i'll try this later on though.

no issues with my alarm in the 3 months i've had it other than forgetting to deactivate the interior sensor when getting out and my baby in the back moving.  so that works alright i assume.

cheers again,

me

You shouldn't have to touch the car, but as soon as you put your hand between the car and handle, it will unlock.

I have to leave my key inside the house when washing my car as it constantly locks and unlocks itself otherwise :lol:

#35 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hi, correct as I have to do that as well...

#36 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
Contributor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

Because of my low miles , my battery is not in peak condition , and i sometimes have trouble locking mine , i can press the button several times before it activates.

Ford tested and found no problem apart from low battery.

As for Alarms aRRrrhhhhh , if i get out the car to quick after having heater on , the damn alarm triggers . open the door and let the air circulate , then get out and lock and it does not go off.

Yes i also have to place my hand between handle before it opens, some times i do the Ninja , and can start to pull the handle before it opens :)

#37 yunii

yunii

yunii

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Name: yunii (nickname)
  • Ford Model: FOCUS TITANIUM-S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Also have 2010 Ti with Keyless system and it works well. Just keep the key in my pocket and has worked 100% (only had car for 4 weeks). Get a little annoyed when I reach my front door and have to get key ring out of pocket.

+1 works fine ,i also keep remote in pocket & also had car for around 4-5 weeks. LOL!

but i dont have to reach for house keys as have remote garage door so open it & enter.

#38 Foci_st3

Foci_st3

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: D
  • Ford Model: MK3 Focus Titanium x

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Had troubles with mine not wanting to unlock while it was raining which for obvious reason is really annoying, went into ford for my 4k mile oil change and got them to check it, what ever was done has cured it and I'm on 10500k now

#39 dsrogan

dsrogan

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Darrel
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ignoring most of the bitching!!!!  

Had my Mk3 just over a year now.  I too think my keyless is hit and miss.  Cold weather this winter seemed to make it a lot worst.  I did take it to the dealer, got the expected reply - "cannot find anything wrong. let us know if it does it again"  So just putting up with it.

#40 ukclarkkent

ukclarkkent

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

cheers dsrogan.  i probbly don't have enough time to keep worrying about this so i'll put up with it like you.  wish i could get the tech spec from ford though.  not phoning them at £1 a minute though.

#41 Turvey

Turvey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2005

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Enter 'Ford Motor Company'  ;)

Or try http://www.pleasepress1.com/ enter 'Ford' 

#42 dsrogan

dsrogan

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Darrel
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Replying to the original question.............

I too am very frustrated with my Keyless entry. It too is hit & miss.  Took it to my dealer who could not find a fault so the frustration continues.  Seems to be worse in cold weather.  I think the system needs a little more work by the designers. 

#43 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,687 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
Contributor

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Sort of glad i don't have keyless entry it sounds like a nightmare lol. It's always a wise idea to do as much research as possible before going to the dealer, dealers can be !Removed! and it's good to have several points to throw at them incase they want to pretend there is no problem.

#44 yunii

yunii

yunii

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Name: yunii (nickname)
  • Ford Model: FOCUS TITANIUM-S
Contributor

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

I've got keyfree,keyless system ,had car for almost 3 months now but mine seems fine ,on a mk2.5 titanium 2010 plate, so is mates ST225 on 09 plate,he's had no issues,
How old are your cars ? Guys with problems??
Yunii

#45 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hi, I wouldn't

Sort of glad i don't have keyless entry it sounds like a nightmare lol. It's always a wise idea to do as much research as possible before going to the dealer, dealers can be !Removed! and it's good to have several points to throw at them incase they want to pretend there is no problem.

I wouldn't base my decision on keyless by this thread. It is a known fact that the few that have issues, against the majority that don't, only post in forums...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users