Unclepierre

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2012

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

My Focus is a Mk3 TiX bought new last year, and I initially had all sorts of problems with the keyless entry.  

That is until on a visit to my dealer, it was pointed out that I shouldn't try and lock it by putting my hand round the handle and pressing the little black window, I was trying to lock and unlock it at the same time! Doh!

The other thing I didn't realise at first is that only the door near the sensor will unlock, i.e. if I stand next to the drivers door  the passenger cannot unlock it on the other side.

My excuse is my old age...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Foci_st3

Foci_st3

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: D
  • Ford Model: MK3 Focus Titanium x

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Well looks like my drivers door sensor has packed up after 17 months and 21300 miles so just gotta work out when to get ford to sort it as I'm still waiting for parts to do the headlamp TSB.

#48 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,848 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Well looks like my drivers door sensor has packed up after 17 months and 21300 miles so just gotta work out when to get ford to sort it as I'm still waiting for parts to do the headlamp TSB.

What TSB is that?

Funny thing, my keyless entry/locking is now playing up, going in for a second time on Thursday. Double lock stopped working via keyless, apparently if any error is logged in regards to the keyless/locking system then it disables the double lock functionality. I also still get the occasional incident, where the car doesn't unlock properly. It physically unlocks the doors, but the mirrors remain in and as I open the door the alarm goes off.

Here is hoping some further investigation will determine what is going wrong...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users