Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stained Centre Console Help

Coolstone

Hi

As you can see from the picture I was drinking a fizzy drink and on opening it exploded and now it has stained the plastic near the gear stick, I’m not sure I can get this out is there a way? Or can I replace this?

Thank you

post-2421-0-36335400-1316376568_thumb.jp

replacing it would be a nightmare, you could try just to keep washing it down with a bit of soap on a sponge and repeatedly rub it down, that should clear it out? unless the acid has burned it a little in which case, it might not work so well.

I'm guessing the acid has done its damage , i would remove the trim and re-spray it myself , cheaper than replacing , you could even put a clear coat on it .

i wounder it a little t-cut might fetch it back

im going to take a picture of mine and re-colour see what it might look like in say Gloss black.

• Like 1

I agree with above remove it and spray it (can of moondust silver ford £4 approx) or replacing well over £30...

I agree with above remove it and spray it (can of moondust silver ford £4 approx) or replacing well over £30...

What fizzy drink did you spill mate?

I’ve spilled Red-Bull on mine a couple of times and luckily it hasn’t done any damage and its full of chemicals,

you could always carbon wrap it either.B)

• 9 years later...

i dont think its a drink, i noticed my own is discoloured too if can see a destinct border at  where the gear trim is usually

No description available.

1 hour ago, MCoop said:

i dont think its a drink, i noticed my own is discoloured too if can see a destinct border at  where the gear trim is usually

No description available.

Just realised this thread is from 9 year ago!!! Lol 

• Haha 2