Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Warning Light

daveydave

Hi there people , im new to this site but am hoping one of you might be able to help me

Well here goes ! i bought my ka collection second hand a month ago and a few days ago i had the heater valve unit replaced (the bit thru the bulk head with 4 pipes on it) upon collecting it the engine warning light came on as i left . this hadnt come on in the previous 4 weeks of ownership the guy from garage where i got the ka from came out cleared the warning light and took it for a 10 mile drive and returned turned it off and on a few times and the light stayed off , my wife went to work a few hours later only for the light to come on as soon as she started up the car ..

Any advice as to what to do/check would be immensly appreciated ... DAVE

you need to get the fault codes read to find out what the problem is,as this only happened after the work had been done get the garage who did the work to read the codes,remember to ask what the code is.

• Like 1

you need to get the fault codes read to find out what the problem is,as this only happened after the work had been done get the garage who did the work to read the codes,remember to ask what the code is.

Thanks for a prompt reply will get that done asap then go from there where ever there is eh !

I agree they should read the codes for you it only takes a min.

Let us know how you get on.

Been to garage today and they were most apologetic , there guys coming out to the car in the morning and hes going to write me the error code down then clear the light on dash ..

he stated if it comes back on after this he will take the car and replace any faulty componants under the warranty ! he even offered to extend the warranty to give me peace of mind untill it gets sorted ,cant say fairer than that can you.

he said it might be the PREHEATER ????? causing the fault hmmm no idea personally..

Will post the outcome tomorrow and the error code ..catch you tomorrow evening people .. DAVE

Been to garage today and they were most apologetic , there guys coming out to the car in the morning and hes going to write me the error code down then clear the light on dash ..

he stated if it comes back on after this he will take the car and replace any faulty componants under the warranty ! he even offered to extend the warranty to give me peace of mind untill it gets sorted ,cant say fairer than that can you.

he said it might be the PREHEATER ????? causing the fault hmmm no idea personally..

Will post the outcome tomorrow and the error code ..catch you tomorrow evening people .. DAVE

well guy came out and cleared eml and so far its not come back on so fingers crossed eh oh yeah error code was 0030

So all in all i cant praise HIGHWAY MOTORS in claycross derbyshire enough there aftersales service is a bench mark that other second hand car sales would do well to emulate... DAVE

Damn lights come back on and according to error code it must be the top lambda thats got a faulty heater circuit so garage is replacing it for me this week foc of course