Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Suspension Strut Top

TarkMalbot

Just bought a Fiesta today and have been giving a good looking over. It has been raining this afternoon and I have noticed this evening that the drivers side suspension strut top is full of water. I dried it out and trickled water down the windscreen and it seems to fill up pretty quickly. Is this normal, something blocked or a hole in the drain?

Thanks.

Just bought a Fiesta today and have been giving a good looking over. It has been raining this afternoon and I have noticed this evening that the drivers side suspension strut top is full of water. I dried it out and trickled water down the windscreen and it seems to fill up pretty quickly. Is this normal, something blocked or a hole in the drain?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum,

the guct at the side of the windscreen could be blocked with leaves and stuff, happens on all cars,

i usualy get a can of WD-40 with the straw nozzle and spray it doen the drains in each corner of the windscreen, inside the arch's

doing this will cause the water to settle on top of the WD-40 rather than the body so even of it does get wet it wont attack the body and rust,

try squirt a hose down the duct that should clear it out then spray plently of WD-40 down it.B)

also if you get a momment, join photobucket and link some pictures of your new motor to the post.

It didn't seem that blocked but I will try and give it a good flush out and spray some WD40 down there too. The water seemed to just run straight down the windscreen and end up in the strut top as if there was a hole in the drain duct.

I made an album for the car here:

But here is tha car as I bought it yesterday:

296153_10150319584644158_512239157_7752661_2041027084_n.jpg

Nice car, I really love these MK6s. I had a look at your gallery too you've got a nice clean car there :).

On my MK5 I have water which collects on the upper engine mounting which goes onto the front O/S chassis/wing mounting point. Like Lenny said spray some WD40 and this will make sure that if water is to collect, it will sit on top of the WD40 as it has a repellent effect.

Hope you're enjoying your new car :) I will be going for a MK6 like yours when I replace my current 51 plate Fiesta.

Dan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club