4 replies to this topic

#1 Mrtnpalermo

Mrtnpalermo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 2000
Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

Hi

Hoping you can help me with a problem with my focus. I was driving yesterday and it felt like either a stone had hit the underside of the car or a bolt had come off

As soon as it happened i noticed that when you steer to either the right or left, you can hear a clunking noise which gets louder as you put the lock on.

I have pulled the fromt driver side wheel off and it seems like the top shock absorber coil has shiftd or broken. The top of the coil is not actually pressed against the plate.

The car also steers to the right when driving.

Thats all i know. I have read some of the posts in this section and it seems to suggest the shocks

can anyone assist?

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

Sounds to me buddy like you popped a spring. Not classic of the shock absorber, they usually fail slowly. But Focus's are well known for snapping front springs. My brother snapped one last year, sounded exactly like you're describing. Good news, a springs cheaper than a shocker lol

#3 Mrtnpalermo

Mrtnpalermo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 2000
Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hi

Spot on. The coil has snapped and have decided to replace both front coils. what price would be considered reasonable for labour. The coils will set me back around 70 for the pair

#4 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hi

Spot on. The coil has snapped and have decided to replace both front coils. what price would be considered reasonable for labour. The coils will set me back around 70 for the pair

Expect to pay about 1.5 - 2 hours labour depending on how hard the bolts are to remove. Most places that will be about another 55-70

#5 Whelk8891

Whelk8891

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1 Saloon 1.8 TDDi
Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

Sounds to me buddy like you popped a spring. Not classic of the shock absorber, they usually fail slowly. But Focus's are well known for snapping front springs. My brother snapped one last year, sounded exactly like you're describing. Good news, a springs cheaper than a shocker lol

Hello.

I've actually had both of them let go, about a six months apart. And i didn't snap it, it did it by itself! ;)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users