Do Not Sell My Personal Information

problems with shock absorber?

Mrtnpalermo

Hi

Hoping you can help me with a problem with my focus. I was driving yesterday and it felt like either a stone had hit the underside of the car or a bolt had come off

As soon as it happened i noticed that when you steer to either the right or left, you can hear a clunking noise which gets louder as you put the lock on.

I have pulled the fromt driver side wheel off and it seems like the top shock absorber coil has shiftd or broken. The top of the coil is not actually pressed against the plate.

The car also steers to the right when driving.

Thats all i know. I have read some of the posts in this section and it seems to suggest the shocks

can anyone assist?

Thanks

Sounds to me buddy like you popped a spring. Not classic of the shock absorber, they usually fail slowly. But Focus's are well known for snapping front springs. My brother snapped one last year, sounded exactly like you're describing. Good news, a springs cheaper than a shocker lol

Hi

Spot on. The coil has snapped and have decided to replace both front coils. what price would be considered reasonable for labour. The coils will set me back around 70 for the pair

Hi

Spot on. The coil has snapped and have decided to replace both front coils. what price would be considered reasonable for labour. The coils will set me back around 70 for the pair

Expect to pay about 1.5 - 2 hours labour depending on how hard the bolts are to remove. Most places that will be about another £55-£70

Sounds to me buddy like you popped a spring. Not classic of the shock absorber, they usually fail slowly. But Focus's are well known for snapping front springs. My brother snapped one last year, sounded exactly like you're describing. Good news, a springs cheaper than a shocker lol
Hello.

I've actually had both of them let go, about a six months apart. And i didn't snap it, it did it by itself! ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club