Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Tdci Estate Notchy Steering

tedsy

Hello,

Ive just picked up an 03 1.8 tdci estate.115,00 miles Full service history.

I have just given it a full service and all seems ok apart from the steering. I have read that the power steering fluid gets contanimated and mine is jet black. I have syringed the resevoir out two or three times and will do it again in another week or so. The main problem is that I think the steering is a little on the heavy side (nothing I cant live with) but when the steering wheel is dead centre it takes a liitle bit of force to get it turning but once you overcome this its fine. I read about Mondeos with notchy steering and it sounds exactly like my problem (this is cured by silicon grease on the steering UJ's) I wondered if it could be this?

All help greatly received

Thanks Mark

its a common fault, the only way to fix it, is to have a new rack fitted (not a recon one)

have a look at this link and see lf its the same

it cost me loads to get my sons fixed, two recon racks and sill no good, in the end got ford to fit a new one, that fixed it, that was two years ago, don't waste your time and money on a cheap fix, you will pay for it in the end..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club