Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Cortexx

Winter Tyres

2 posts in this topic

Its not to early to start this debate off again is it? hehe

I will need to save for some winter tyres this year, so I want to get a rough idea now of how much I should save and get the tyres in advance before the mad rush and everywhere sells out (like last year)

First of all, are they really worth it? Do you notice a big big difference in handling in the snow?

What tyre would you recommend? My tyre size is 195/45 R16, this is for a Fiesta mk7.

Cheers!

They are worth it a huge amount. 1st of all they are another pair of tyres so u can switch when season ends. they are built and designed to work better in temperatures under 7 degrees so perfect for anywhere in the uk lol

Continentals are a good brand for the winter tyres except goodyears but conti's i prefer and at this time im thinking about for next years. £132.66 each included fitting

http://www.tyres247.co.uk/tyre-info.php?tyreid=25186

so great deal but still quite alot of money so maybe look for mid range but i would personally stay away from budget tyres used as winter tyres.