Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheap Lowering Springs Mk6

TarkMalbot

I have read a lot about Eibach springs people have been using to lower their Fiesta but has anyone used a cheap set from eBay and how did they find them?

There are a few various manufacturers selling them for half the Eibach price and am considering using them but wanted to know if anyone else has had problems with fitting, quality, height or anything else.

Here are a few examples:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300582514809

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160519341599

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320735997258

TBH, I don't think it's worth scrimping when your talking about important things on cars such as springs, brakes and tyres etc. It'd be better holding out to save them extra few pennies to go for quality such as Eibach whereas if not you have no idea what your buying into. Majority on here use Eibach mate so that's a wee hint for you ;). Also H&R if you want that extra 5mm. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks. I was wondering if it was a case of you get what you pay for or if someone knew that they may be made in the same place but have different lables on and you were paying extra for the name. Apex also sell them and they are a well know make. Not decided if I am going to spend the money on it yet but just making up my wish list.

TBH, I don't think it's worth scrimping when your talking about important things on cars such as springs, brakes and tyres etc. It'd be better holding out to save them extra few pennies to go for quality such as Eibach whereas if not you have no idea what your buying into. Majority on here use Eibach mate so that's a wee hint for you ;). Also H&R if you want that extra 5mm. Hope this helps.

Ford even Supply Eibach Lowering kits for the new focus etc.

£145.00 isn’t bad for the quality and peace of mind you receive, and you will see more change in the appearance of the car from that one purchase,

than for example upgrading the stereo or K&N Filter,

I had factory fitted Eibachs on my MX-5 Sport last year. I think Eibach must have a deal with manufacturers to supply them as factory fit option.

So moving on from spings to coil overs... Do you need a spring compressor to fit coil overs as I would be able to save money by fitting them myself if you don't. And what "cheap" coil overs are worth looking at?

Yeah, for the front mate. Rear can do easy enough without i think however the front, not so easy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club