Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Picked up my new Focus today and impressed !! I have some LED side light bulbs but when I fitted them they dont work ? Yet the standard ones do ? They are the normal 501 bulbs but these LED's don't work ? Any ideas ? Cheers chaps

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

LEDs have a psitive and negative side try both directions , you may need a resister in there , when fitted does the dash respond with a "blown bulb" warning?

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,292 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Picked up my new Focus today and impressed !! I have some LED side light bulbs but when I fitted them they dont work ? Yet the standard ones do ? They are the normal 501 bulbs but these LED's don't work ? Any ideas ? Cheers chaps

Hi,

You require Can-Bus error free LED Bulbs Click Here I suggest purchasing two sets as you will also need these type for the reg plate bulbs, if you use can-bus error free bulbs you don't need to fit resistors to your loom and basically saves allot of hassle mate. they can be a can-bus type fitment and not throw up any type of error on the dash too
and if the led doesnt work even when you turn it around it has to be can-bus fitment.

The ones you currently have should work for you in the footwell sockets, and as Pree says try turn them around if they don't work first time in the footwell.
or in the lights above the sun visors.

#4 Will Clark IOM

Will Clark IOM

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: Will
  • Ford Model: MK 3 1.6TDCI

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Good shout lads.

#5 Will Clark IOM

Will Clark IOM

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: Will
  • Ford Model: MK 3 1.6TDCI

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

If you change wick put up some pics wouldn't mind seeing what the foci looks like with led sides on.

#6 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hi,

You require Can-Bus error free LED Bulbs Click Here I suggest purchasing two sets as you will also need these type for the reg plate bulbs, if you use can-bus error free bulbs you don't need to fit resistors to your loom and basically saves allot of hassle mate. they can be a can-bus type fitment and not throw up any type of error on the dash too
and if the led doesnt work even when you turn it around it has to be can-bus fitment.

The ones you currently have should work for you in the footwell sockets, and as Pree says try turn them around if they don't work first time in the footwell.

New Focus already has LED's on reg plate lights :)

#7 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,292 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

New Focus already has LED's on reg plate lights :)

Nice, B)
Iím turning green with envy here mate,

#8 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

LEDs have a psitive and negative side try both directions , you may need a resister in there , when fitted does the dash respond with a "blown bulb" warning?

Never lookedat dash mate but bulb never lit ? Guy in halfords said the cars to clever for these LED bulbs ??

#9 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hi,

I will look into this thanks ! I was told that the error free bulbs wont light either ??? May have to try ?

#10 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

If you change wick put up some pics wouldn't mind seeing what the foci looks like with led sides on.

Will do mate but if you have better luck before me let me know !!

#11 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,292 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

I will look into this thanks ! I was told that the error free bulbs wont light either ??? May have to try ?

I cant see wht the error free ones wont mate,
perhaps the person who told you this,
didnt try turning them around
error free LED's are King :D

#12 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

I cant see wht the error free ones wont mate,
perhaps the person who told you this,
didnt try turning them around
error free LED's are King :D

Mate I was told is due to LED being low power ? And the car dont recognise these ???

#13 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,979 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

Mate I was told is due to LED being low power ? And the car dont recognise these ???

if it has leds already on the number plate then clearly the car will recognise these. halfords not being funny but they dont know squat thats why they sell people on here incorrect oil and wrong batteries i know my mate worked for them so i would take whatever halfords say and discard it and dont rely on their advice its a simple can bus system and it will recognise the leds as long as the resistors ar ebuilt in error free in other words

#14 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

if it has leds already on the number plate then clearly the car will recognise these. halfords not being funny but they dont know squat thats why they sell people on here incorrect oil and wrong batteries i know my mate worked for them so i would take whatever halfords say and discard it and dont rely on their advice its a simple can bus system and it will recognise the leds as long as the resistors ar ebuilt in error free in other words

Ok bud will get some of these !!

#15 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,292 posts
Contributor

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

+1 on that,
also if Halfords donít stock the item you need they will try and convince you that you donít need it, and ''buy this instead''
(because its coming close to the end of the month and im on comission so please buy anything just buy buy buy.)

what you may have been told differs from what I know from experience in working with ledís in a broad range of cars and have seen firsthand for myself and kindly recommended to you on this forum,
Can-bus error free works with the socket to convince it too that error free ledís are good.And they will work,
just because I was unaware of the new focus having ledís in the reg lights doesnít mean i donít know what Iím talking about,

When you get them fitted, go down to Halfords drag the fella out and show him the bulbs in operation,
to save anyone else from being deprived of having their car looking the way they really want it to.

on the other hand mate it's your car and efforts have been made to assist you in purchasing what you would like and what will work for you,
but at the end of the day im not on comission from halfords, nor an i trying to impress anyone, or sell my own items at the end of the day its your car and your money your choice.
any information provided on this site is 99-100% true if its not other members are more than happy to say it's not and explain otherwise. B)

no hard feelings, i just hate halfords :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users