Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Led Side Lights ??

Wickwick10_1

Picked up my new Focus today and impressed !! I have some LED side light bulbs but when I fitted them they dont work ? Yet the standard ones do ? They are the normal 501 bulbs but these LED's don't work ? Any ideas ? Cheers chaps

LEDs have a psitive and negative side try both directions , you may need a resister in there , when fitted does the dash respond with a "blown bulb" warning?

• Like 1

Picked up my new Focus today and impressed !! I have some LED side light bulbs but when I fitted them they dont work ? Yet the standard ones do ? They are the normal 501 bulbs but these LED's don't work ? Any ideas ? Cheers chaps

Hi,

You require Can-Bus error free LED Bulbs Click Here I suggest purchasing two sets as you will also need these type for the reg plate bulbs, if you use can-bus error free bulbs you don't need to fit resistors to your loom and basically saves allot of hassle mate. they can be a can-bus type fitment and not throw up any type of error on the dash too

and if the led doesnt work even when you turn it around it has to be can-bus fitment.

The ones you currently have should work for you in the footwell sockets, and as Pree says try turn them around if they don't work first time in the footwell.

or in the lights above the sun visors.

If you change wick put up some pics wouldn't mind seeing what the foci looks like with led sides on.

Hi,

You require Can-Bus error free LED Bulbs Click Here I suggest purchasing two sets as you will also need these type for the reg plate bulbs, if you use can-bus error free bulbs you don't need to fit resistors to your loom and basically saves allot of hassle mate. they can be a can-bus type fitment and not throw up any type of error on the dash too

and if the led doesnt work even when you turn it around it has to be can-bus fitment.

The ones you currently have should work for you in the footwell sockets, and as Pree says try turn them around if they don't work first time in the footwell.

New Focus already has LED's on reg plate lights :)

New Focus already has LED's on reg plate lights :)

Nice, B)

I’m turning green with envy here mate,

LEDs have a psitive and negative side try both directions , you may need a resister in there , when fitted does the dash respond with a "blown bulb" warning?

Never lookedat dash mate but bulb never lit ? Guy in Halfords said the cars to clever for these LED Bulbs ??

Hi,

I will look into this thanks ! I was told that the error free bulbs wont light either ??? May have to try ?

If you change wick put up some pics wouldn't mind seeing what the foci looks like with led sides on.

Will do mate but if you have better luck before me let me know !!

I will look into this thanks ! I was told that the error free bulbs wont light either ??? May have to try ?

I cant see wht the error free ones wont mate,

perhaps the person who told you this,

didnt try turning them around

error free LED's are King :D

I cant see wht the error free ones wont mate,

perhaps the person who told you this,

didnt try turning them around

error free LED's are King :D

Mate I was told is due to LED being low power ? And the car dont recognise these ???

Mate I was told is due to LED being low power ? And the car dont recognise these ???

if it has leds already on the number plate then clearly the car will recognise these. Halfords not being funny but they dont know squat thats why they sell people on here incorrect oil and wrong batteries i know my mate worked for them so i would take whatever Halfords say and discard it and dont rely on their advice its a simple can bus system and it will recognise the leds as long as the resistors ar ebuilt in error free in other words

if it has leds already on the number plate then clearly the car will recognise these. halfords not being funny but they dont know squat thats why they sell people on here incorrect oil and wrong batteries i know my mate worked for them so i would take whatever halfords say and discard it and dont rely on their advice its a simple can bus system and it will recognise the leds as long as the resistors ar ebuilt in error free in other words

Ok bud will get some of these !!

if it has leds already on the number plate then clearly the car will recognise these. halfords not being funny but they dont know squat thats why they sell people on here incorrect oil and wrong batteries i know my mate worked for them so i would take whatever halfords say and discard it and dont rely on their advice its a simple can bus system and it will recognise the leds as long as the resistors ar ebuilt in error free in other words

+1 on that,

also if Halfords don’t stock the item you need they will try and convince you that you don’t need it, and ''buy this instead''

(because its coming close to the end of the month and im on comission so please buy anything just buy buy buy.)

what you may have been told differs from what I know from experience in working with led’s in a broad range of cars and have seen firsthand for myself and kindly recommended to you on this forum,

Can-bus error free works with the socket to convince it too that error free led’s are good.And they will work,

just because I was unaware of the new focus having led’s in the reg lights doesn’t mean i don’t know what I’m talking about,

When you get them fitted, go down to Halfords drag the fella out and show him the bulbs in operation,

to save anyone else from being deprived of having their car looking the way they really want it to.

on the other hand mate it's your car and efforts have been made to assist you in purchasing what you would like and what will work for you,

but at the end of the day im not on comission from Halfords, nor an i trying to impress anyone, or sell my own items at the end of the day its your car and your money your choice.

any information provided on this site is 99-100% true if its not other members are more than happy to say it's not and explain otherwise. B)

no hard feelings, i just hate halfords :lol:

+1 on that,

also if Halfords don’t stock the item you need they will try and convince you that you don’t need it, and ''buy this instead''

(because its coming close to the end of the month and im on comission so please buy anything just buy buy buy.)

what you may have been told differs from what I know from experience in working with led’s in a broad range of cars and have seen firsthand for myself and kindly recommended to you on this forum,

Can-bus error free works with the socket to convince it too that error free led’s are good.And they will work,

just because I was unaware of the new focus having led’s in the reg lights doesn’t mean i don’t know what I’m talking about,

When you get them fitted, go down to Halfords drag the fella out and show him the bulbs in operation,

to save anyone else from being deprived of having their car looking the way they really want it to.

on the other hand mate it's your car and efforts have been made to assist you in purchasing what you would like and what will work for you,

but at the end of the day im not on comission from halfords, nor an i trying to impress anyone, or sell my own items at the end of the day its your car and your money your choice.

any information provided on this site is 99-100% true if its not other members are more than happy to say it's not and explain otherwise. B)

Lol my daughter works part time at Halfords whilst at college so I do agree with you regarding what they know as she don't know much about cars at all lol

Lol my daughter works part time at halfords whilst at college so I do agree with you regarding what they know as she don't know much about cars at all lol

Halfords should train there staff in each area,

i know jobs are scares these days and we may not all be doing the one we love but its money and pays the bills,

but the companys should look after their workers when it comes to training programs even an hour a week,

as the customer service you recieve the first time is what will bring you back to buy again,

but if you go in to buy, and you find you know more about the item than the person trying to assist you

its a very frustrating experience and gives a bad impression of the company which may be 100% at managment level

but this isint being passed on to the people on the floor.

the worst effect of that is people (like Me) go online to get information on the item they want, instead of going to the local shop and asking there,

and when you ask about somthing online you get the information you require from people who have tried and tested the item in question, and the refer you to a listing o E-Bay.

so where does that leave the local Halfords for business? ,...... it doesn't

because the people selling are not being trained and the products are sitting on the shelves, putting pressiure on the supervisor who then blames the staff, when its not there fault, people dont feel their getting value for money of a quality service when either the get more confused coming out of the shop than they were going in to it, or they were sold somthing the didnt want at all, or the worst listening to them trying to sell you sonthing that you know is wrong.

so sorry to anyone who works in Halfords as its not your fault, its the people in the offices looking at Excel spread sheets and Hi Fiving each other They should be training you guys in the products if this was done you would enjoy your job as your learing things and relaying it to others, this gives you a sence of ownership within the role and your supervisor see's more money coming in the doors as people become more confident in purchasing from you. boosting local business B)

Halfords should train there staff in each area,

i know jobs are scares these days and we may not all be doing the one we love but its money and pays the bills,

but the companys should look after their workers when it comes to training programs even an hour a week,

as the customer service you recieve the first time is what will bring you back to buy again,

but if you go in to buy, and you find you know more about the item than the person trying to assist you

its a very frustrating experience and gives a bad impression of the company which may be 100% at managment level

but this isint being passed on to the people on the floor.

the worst effect of that is people (like Me) go online to get information on the item they want, instead of going to the local shop and asking there,

and when you ask about somthing online you get the information you require from people who have tried and tested the item in question, and the refer you to a listing o E-Bay.

so where does that leave the local Halfords for business? ,...... it doesn't

because the people selling are not being trained and the products are sitting on the shelves, putting pressiure on the supervisor who then blames the staff, when its not there fault, people dont feel their getting value for money of a quality service when either the get more confused coming out of the shop than they were going in to it, or they were sold somthing the didnt want at all, or the worst listening to them trying to sell you sonthing that you know is wrong.

so sorry to anyone who works in Halfords as its not your fault, its the people in the offices looking at Excel spread sheets and Hi Fiving each other They should be training you guys in the products if this was done you would enjoy your job as your learing things and relaying it to others, this gives you a sence of ownership within the role and your supervisor see's more money coming in the doors as people become more confident in purchasing from you. boosting local business B)

they used to hire car enthusiasts and give them some training but at the car section now ask any a question you already know the answer to and some of the bull they come out with is mad ide prefer it if they just said i dont know mate lolunless im mistaken much of the new foci dash display uses led technology to be honest give it a bash it wont do any harm or break anything as said before if the bulb doesnt work simply turn the connections round ill eat my boxers if it doesnt

they used to hire car enthusiasts and give them some training but at the car section now ask any a question you already know the answer to and some of the bull they come out with is mad ide prefer it if they just said i dont know mate lolunless im mistaken much of the new foci dash display uses led technology to be honest give it a bash it wont do any harm or break anything as said before if the bulb doesnt work simply turn the connections round ill eat my boxers if it doesnt

Ok lads I have ordered some canbus bulbs so will keep you informed !!!

I have installed LED Bulbs in me 2006 focus, you do have to have them the right way round i.e live to negative vice versa, if dont work pull back out turn around and re-insert

I have installed led bulbs in me 2006 focus, you do have to have them the right way round i.e live to negative vice versa, if dont work pull back out turn around and re-insert

Yes I done that mate but defo don't let you put standard LED's in ....

• Like 1

Yes I done that mate but defo don't let you put standard LED's in ....

As above they must be Can-Bus error free LED Bulbs as the later Mk2 onwards have the Can-bus system fitted, however this does not effect any interior bulb or boot light, just the front parking bulbs and the reg plate bulbs, perhaps you had fitted can-bus error free led's in your 2006 unaware that they were actually error free bulbs. :)

• Like 1

LED's added so see what you think ?

Before with standard bulbs :-

48a2ede3.jpg

After fitted with LED's

6470a337.jpg

+1 on that,

but at the end of the day im not on comission from halfords, nor an i trying to impress anyone, or sell my own items at the end of the day its your car and your money your choice.

Mate do you know if LED's get hot ? As the ones I purchased have 5 LED lights and don't want them causing a problem to the lense ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club