Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

+1 on that,
also if Halfords donít stock the item you need they will try and convince you that you donít need it, and ''buy this instead''
(because its coming close to the end of the month and im on comission so please buy anything just buy buy buy.)

what you may have been told differs from what I know from experience in working with ledís in a broad range of cars and have seen firsthand for myself and kindly recommended to you on this forum,
Can-bus error free works with the socket to convince it too that error free ledís are good.And they will work,
just because I was unaware of the new focus having ledís in the reg lights doesnít mean i donít know what Iím talking about,

When you get them fitted, go down to Halfords drag the fella out and show him the bulbs in operation,
to save anyone else from being deprived of having their car looking the way they really want it to.

on the other hand mate it's your car and efforts have been made to assist you in purchasing what you would like and what will work for you,
but at the end of the day im not on comission from halfords, nor an i trying to impress anyone, or sell my own items at the end of the day its your car and your money your choice.
any information provided on this site is 99-100% true if its not other members are more than happy to say it's not and explain otherwise. B)

no hard feelings, i just hate halfords :lol:

Lol my daughter works part time at halfords whilst at college so I do agree with you regarding what they know as she don't know much about cars at all lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

Lol my daughter works part time at halfords whilst at college so I do agree with you regarding what they know as she don't know much about cars at all lol

Halfords should train there staff in each area,
i know jobs are scares these days and we may not all be doing the one we love but its money and pays the bills,
but the companys should look after their workers when it comes to training programs even an hour a week,
as the customer service you recieve the first time is what will bring you back to buy again,

but if you go in to buy, and you find you know more about the item than the person trying to assist you
its a very frustrating experience and gives a bad impression of the company which may be 100% at managment level
but this isint being passed on to the people on the floor.

the worst effect of that is people (like Me) go online to get information on the item they want, instead of going to the local shop and asking there,
and when you ask about somthing online you get the information you require from people who have tried and tested the item in question, and the refer you to a listing o E-Bay.

so where does that leave the local Halfords for business? ,...... it doesn't
because the people selling are not being trained and the products are sitting on the shelves, putting pressiure on the supervisor who then blames the staff, when its not there fault, people dont feel their getting value for money of a quality service when either the get more confused coming out of the shop than they were going in to it, or they were sold somthing the didnt want at all, or the worst listening to them trying to sell you sonthing that you know is wrong.
so sorry to anyone who works in Halfords as its not your fault, its the people in the offices looking at Excel spread sheets and Hi Fiving each other They should be training you guys in the products if this was done you would enjoy your job as your learing things and relaying it to others, this gives you a sence of ownership within the role and your supervisor see's more money coming in the doors as people become more confident in purchasing from you. boosting local business B)

#18 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

Halfords should train there staff in each area,
i know jobs are scares these days and we may not all be doing the one we love but its money and pays the bills,
but the companys should look after their workers when it comes to training programs even an hour a week,
as the customer service you recieve the first time is what will bring you back to buy again,

but if you go in to buy, and you find you know more about the item than the person trying to assist you
its a very frustrating experience and gives a bad impression of the company which may be 100% at managment level
but this isint being passed on to the people on the floor.

the worst effect of that is people (like Me) go online to get information on the item they want, instead of going to the local shop and asking there,
and when you ask about somthing online you get the information you require from people who have tried and tested the item in question, and the refer you to a listing o E-Bay.

so where does that leave the local Halfords for business? ,...... it doesn't
because the people selling are not being trained and the products are sitting on the shelves, putting pressiure on the supervisor who then blames the staff, when its not there fault, people dont feel their getting value for money of a quality service when either the get more confused coming out of the shop than they were going in to it, or they were sold somthing the didnt want at all, or the worst listening to them trying to sell you sonthing that you know is wrong.
so sorry to anyone who works in Halfords as its not your fault, its the people in the offices looking at Excel spread sheets and Hi Fiving each other They should be training you guys in the products if this was done you would enjoy your job as your learing things and relaying it to others, this gives you a sence of ownership within the role and your supervisor see's more money coming in the doors as people become more confident in purchasing from you. boosting local business B)

they used to hire car enthusiasts and give them some training but at the car section now ask any a question you already know the answer to and some of the bull they come out with is mad ide prefer it if they just said i dont know mate lolunless im mistaken much of the new foci dash display uses led technology to be honest give it a bash it wont do any harm or break anything as said before if the bulb doesnt work simply turn the connections round ill eat my boxers if it doesnt

#19 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

they used to hire car enthusiasts and give them some training but at the car section now ask any a question you already know the answer to and some of the bull they come out with is mad ide prefer it if they just said i dont know mate lolunless im mistaken much of the new foci dash display uses led technology to be honest give it a bash it wont do any harm or break anything as said before if the bulb doesnt work simply turn the connections round ill eat my boxers if it doesnt

Ok lads I have ordered some canbus bulbs so will keep you informed !!!

#20 focus steve77

focus steve77

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: focus zetec
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

I have installed led bulbs in me 2006 focus, you do have to have them the right way round i.e live to negative vice versa, if dont work pull back out turn around and re-insert

#21 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

I have installed led bulbs in me 2006 focus, you do have to have them the right way round i.e live to negative vice versa, if dont work pull back out turn around and re-insert

Yes I done that mate but defo don't let you put standard LED's in ....

#22 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Yes I done that mate but defo don't let you put standard LED's in ....

As above they must be Can-Bus error free Led Bulbs as the later Mk2 onwards have the Can-bus system fitted, however this does not effect any interior bulb or boot light, just the front parking bulbs and the reg plate bulbs, perhaps you had fitted can-bus error free led's in your 2006 unaware that they were actually error free bulbs. :)

#23 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

If you change wick put up some pics wouldn't mind seeing what the foci looks like with led sides on.

LED's added so see what you think ?
Before with standard bulbs :-
Posted Image
After fitted with LED's
Posted Image

#24 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

Does anyone know if led bulbs get hot ?

#25 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

+1 on that,
also if Halfords donít stock the item you need they will try and convince you that you donít need it, and ''buy this instead''
(because its coming close to the end of the month and im on comission so please buy anything just buy buy buy.)

what you may have been told differs from what I know from experience in working with ledís in a broad range of cars and have seen firsthand for myself and kindly recommended to you on this forum,
Can-bus error free works with the socket to convince it too that error free ledís are good.And they will work,
just because I was unaware of the new focus having ledís in the reg lights doesnít mean i donít know what Iím talking about,

When you get them fitted, go down to Halfords drag the fella out and show him the bulbs in operation,
to save anyone else from being deprived of having their car looking the way they really want it to.

on the other hand mate it's your car and efforts have been made to assist you in purchasing what you would like and what will work for you,
but at the end of the day im not on comission from halfords, nor an i trying to impress anyone, or sell my own items at the end of the day its your car and your money your choice.
any information provided on this site is 99-100% true if its not other members are more than happy to say it's not and explain otherwise. B)

no hard feelings, i just hate halfords :lol:

Mate do you know if LED's get hot ? As the ones I purchased have 5 LED lights and don't want them causing a problem to the lense ?

#26 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Mate do you know if LED's get hot ? As the ones I purchased have 5 LED lights and don't want them causing a problem to the lense ?

Hi LED's to be 100% honest do get a little hot, but not as hot that you couldnt hold it tight in your hand,
but those w5w bulbs you have in the fittings at the moomment if their on for 10 seconds they will physicly burn you trust me :lol:
i can post you a picture of my hand, changing the boot light in the car to led yesterday went to take out the w5w and got stuck to it :blink:
so the led's get warm but the current type you have fitted are piping hot within 30 seconds.
so dont worry they will be fine.B)

#27 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hi LED's to be 100% honest do get a little hot, but not as hot that you couldnt hold it tight in your hand,
but those w5w bulbs you have in the fittings at the moomment if their on for 10 seconds they will physicly burn you trust me :lol:
i can post you a picture of my hand, changing the boot light in the car to led yesterday went to take out the w5w and got stuck to it :blink:
so the led's get warm but the current type you have fitted are piping hot within 30 seconds.
so dont worry they will be fine.B)

Great mate thanks - they are not touching anything but very snug and was worried incase get hot ! I did try and take standard one out whilst on but !Removed! hot !

#28 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

LED's added so see what you think ?
Before with standard bulbs :-
Posted Image
After fitted with LED's
Posted Image

Hi Wickwick10
Where did you get the bulbs from and how much please ? Do you have a link ?
Cheers

#29 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hi Wickwick10
Where did you get the bulbs from and how much please ? Do you have a link ?
Cheers

Mate Can Bus Error free bulb £3.79 free postage from EBay - type in the search on EBay 280725363306 and they will come up ! Look very good !

#30 PaulB1803

PaulB1803

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Year: 2008

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Cheers Wickwick, I've just put some of these in my mk2.5 sidelights and they are great. Going to order another pair for the footwells too. :)

Lost the little rubber gromet that covers the holder though, so does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users