Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Bit Of Trim Detailing

Preee

Friday afternoon and bored so off to Halfords picked up some chrome detail bead 3.5mm x 3.5m £9.99.

post-22424-0-52428700-1316801530_thumb.j

Fits perfect onto the recess on the lower side of the rear bumper

post-22424-0-32564100-1316801540_thumb.j

post-22424-0-53208900-1316801547_thumb.j

post-22424-0-60379000-1316801555_thumb.j

Happy with it fits nice , and looks nice , may have a problem getting to rear towing hitch but i don't intend towing anyone soon anyway lol

So now sat there thinking what to do with the remaining bead :unsure:

Liked Lenny's Silver Stereo surround , so i set about having a mess around with the left over trim.

I'm 50/50 at the moment as too leave or remove . Heres what i did.

post-22424-0-74534000-1316801561_thumb.j

post-22424-0-80882900-1316801566_thumb.j

Finished no bead left to play with.:)

post-22424-0-35717400-1316801570_thumb.j

• Like 1

Friday afternoon and bored so off to Halfords picked up some chrome detail bead 3.5mm x 3.5m £9.99.

I'm 50/50 at the moment as too leave or remove . Heres what i did.

The stereo surround has turned out really well, and the piece on the rear bumper, not sure about the toe eye piece to be honest, personally I wouldn’t highlight that section if it was me, but I like what you have done with the rest of it, I personally don’t think its OTT as the chrome is only 3.5mm it fits in nicely and it’s not too much in your face shine,

looks great.

Never thought I’d say it but it’s a Low cost High Quality Mod kit from Halfords :ph34r:

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny.

TBH it looks a little better in the flesh than on the picture as the picture tends to be more in your face , from seated position or in the rear of the car they blend in.

I'm more happy with the small detail on the rear bumper , not that anyone will notice it but it breaks up the bumper better rather than a pointless indentation :D , i would like the chrome boot edging but i have not seen the keyless entry version with the button hole, and don't fancy cutting it out from a normal one.

Ebay link

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny.

TBH it looks a little better in the flesh than on the picture as the picture tends to be more in your face , from seated position or in the rear of the car they blend in.

I'm more happy with the small detail on the rear bumper , not that anyone will notice it but it breaks up the bumper better rather than a pointless indentation :D , i would like the chrome boot edging but i have not seen the keyless entry version with the button hole, and don't fancy cutting it out from a normal one.

Ebay link

That chrome strip for the boot wouldn't be that hard to do mate, you have a dremal and everything, id go for it.

also I've just spotted these Ghia vents have the chrome in the centres would finish the dash off nice, Click Here

very easy to change according to the Haynes manual although

they won't sell to me as they have no postage listings to Ireland and they won't let anyone ask them questions outside of the standard eBay content i.e. postage times etc.

but ill buy elsewhere in a month or two, if I buy any more at the moment my wife will abandon me :lol:

maybe not a bad thing but i have to let her feel she own's me sometimes :D and its coming in to winter, where would she go :P

Current project is fitting a boot light the same as the current fitment in the opposite side of the boot

also changing both w5w boot bulbs to cluster LED,

waiting on materials to arrive in the post at the moment. After that is tar removal, wash wax, wheel chock and car cover until I can get working again :unsure:

ill still continue to add small mods as time goes on though.

• Like 1

That chrome strip for the boot wouldn't be that hard to do mate, you have a dermal and everything, id go for it.

also I've just spotted these Ghia vents have the chrome in the centres would finish the dash off nice, Click Here very easy to change, according to the Haynes manual although

they won't sell to me as they have no postage listings to Ireland and they won't let anyone ask them questions outside of the standard eBay content i.e. postage times etc.

but ill buy elsewhere in a month or two,

if I buy any more at the moment my wife will abandon me :lol: maybe not a bad thing but i have to let her feel she own me sometimes :D and its coming in to qinter, where would she go :P

My vents already have the silver surround maybe its a Ghia cast off onto the Titanium .

Lenny regarding the Wife , Same porblem here , but i have been getting around it by first saying , "no its not a new part , it fell off and i'm putting it back on" and if anything arrive's by post "wow it was only £1.99 and free postage and i already did an hrs over time so it's covered":D

Of course if that fails i have a blanket ready for my shed , she can buy some curtain material and make a nice home in there for the winter.:P

• Like 1

My vents already have the silver surround maybe its a Ghia cast off onto the Titanium .

Lenny regarding the Wife , Same porblem here , but i have been getting around it by first saying , "no its not a new part , it fell off and i'm putting it back on" and if anything arrive's by post "wow it was only £1.99 and free postage and i already did an hrs over time so it's covered":D

Of course if that fails i have a blanket ready for my shed , she can buy some curtain material and make a nice home in there for the winter.:P

:lol: I must remember that one "no it’s not a new part , it fell off and I’m putting it back on" and its good with eBay that not many sellers send an invoice with the package any more so its easy to pull figures out of your head when they arrive,

wouldn’t be so bad if the kids didn’t tell her i got a parcel :o for example if the post man arrives and she’s upstairs,

she wouldn’t know anything,

but the kids are her eyes too

Its all worth it though, the parts outweigh the nagging.

I’ll have to purchase a set of those vent like you have on yours mate.B)

And she’s told me last week to get a lunch box, put the credit card in it,

fill the box with water and stick it in the freezer, then the next time i want to use it take it out and let it defrost.

the idea being the time its thawing gives me time to think do i really want this item,

I quickly explained that she could keep the credit cart 24/7 as PayPal has my details all the time, and anything i buy i use and enjoy, i dont drink or smoke and already have to consider the silent treatment when the parcels arrive :)

Last year i brought a HD digital satelite receiver , wanting to watch the free HD . impusle buy. You would have thought the world had ended . None stop moaning for about 3 hrs while i was setting it up. Got me so mad i disconnwected it shoved it in the box and threw it in the cupboard , thats wheres it has stayed , that was followed by 4 days of silent treatment for not taking it back to the shop.

Lmao

Anyway the Skybox failed and they wanted to charge for a replacement so i cancelled Sky Tv. She had a lot of channels that she used to like to watch , and the one i brought picked up about 6 separate satelites and many more channels than sky. To this day i flatly refuse to plug the HD sat box back in :lol: .

She now is very cautious what she says when i buy some thing and i always counter moan anything she buys , just for the hell of it.:P

" Tea towel , "how much was that !" "did we need it" , "whats wrong with the old one in the garage i used for cleaning my wheels "

life's a joy playing her at her own games lmao

Now for the kids , "Dad wheres my pocket money"? , "it's on the table " , "no its not" , "yes your right , and every time Dad get's a parcel and Mom finds out the table will be empty".:ph34r:

• Like 1

She now is very cautious what she says when i buy some thing and i always counter moan anything she buys , just for the hell of it.:P

" Tea towel , "how much was that !" "did we need it" , "whats wrong with the old one in the garage i used for cleaning my wheels "

Now for the kids , "Dad wheres my pocket money"? , "it's on the table " , "no its not" , "yes your right , and every time Dad get's a parcel and Mom finds out the table will be empty".:ph34r:

I can relate to every bit of that post mate, my kids are 2 and 4 though so its innocence with them for the moment anyway,My dad used to ask me to do jobs for him like cleaning the shed and tell me ‘’you won’t see what I’ll give you’’ or ‘’you won’t see what you will get’’ I never earned a penny :lol:

anyway sorry for taking away from the main topic on you

your car looks great B)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is now reduced to £5 now, but very hard to find at Halfords.

I've done it on my sea grey focus - looks mint!

I liked it because on the rear bumper it fitted pefect in to the slot , i removed it from the radio though as i wrapped the radio surround.

• Like 1

I liked it because on the rear bumper it fitted pefect in to the slot , i removed it from the radio though as i wrapped the radio surround.

Yep it fits great - I did use the 3m tape, but it would almost stick in itself. Looks really look and sort of half mimics the zetec S back. Sort of.

I'll get some pics up shortly.

There was a funny post on here last year of a Ford Focus that had gone mad with Trim detailing and had stuck it just about everywhere , it looked crazy lol

Haha, I've tried to hold off....

photo4_zps1e22dbef.jpg