Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locked Both Keys In Ka

mstephens92

I have just bought a 2002 ford ka collection from a friend. It only has one key and the drivers door is not working. When the door is closed (unlocked) and you open it from the outside drivers door it sets of the central locking and locks the car with the only key in it.

How do I open the car without breaking a window. I know you can pull out the door and hook the handle of the passangers side door but I was wondering if there is another way.

Thanks Michael

The cheapest option may be to split the rear window and reach in. Assuming a car locksmith cannot get in of course.

Welcome to the Forum

Click Here £9.99 rear driver side window Glass,

go for it mate, cheaper than a lock smith and only 3 bolts to remove remaining glass and fit the £9.99 one :ph34r:

I have just bought a 2002 ford ka collection from a friend. It only has one key and the drivers door is not working. When the door is closed (unlocked) and you open it from the outside drivers door it sets of the central locking and locks the car with the only key in it.

How do I open the car without breaking a window. I know you can pull out the door and hook the handle of the passangers side door but I was wondering if there is another way.

Thanks Michael

If your with a breakdown recovery like the rac/aa they can normally do it think what they do it put like a small airbag behind the door and that forces the door open abit so you can put a rod in or something and open the door.

Thanks for the replys. Il prob end up breaking a window or leavering my way in.

another thing how do i get my hands on a radio code?

Thanks

Michael

Thanks for the replys. Il prob end up breaking a window or leavering my way in.

another thing how do i get my hands on a radio code?

Thanks

Michael

Take out the radio. and take note of the serial number then post in this thread Click Here pop the stereo back in as normal,

then stick on the kettle and wait for a reply mate.

also maybe post up here, that you have broken the window and retrieved the keys, this news may trigger someone to post an easy alternative that you should have tried instead

it's usually the way this kind of thing works.

hey Lenny, his next question's gonna be 'wheres the wheel key for the alloy wheels' lol.

Now I don’t have an answer for that, should the question arise, :o

All I can say is that thought give's me flash backs lol

When I bought my focus last year I wanted a full size spare wheel in the boot, and to save me waiting weeks for a new order of a focus with this installed, the garage swapped the contents of my space saver wheel kit, to another donor car and gave me the full size spare kit from it, including the polystyrene spacer kit to bring the floor of the boot up level with the side wall of the spare. B)

Around two weeks later I decided to paint the rear drum brakes on the car, went to remove the wheel and realised :angry: I had the wrong wheel lock as he had swapped the complete contents,

I was sweating like a paedophile in a Barney costume at this point :unsure:

As I thought my brand new car was going to be stuck with the wheels on. and how would i explain this to ford (would they listen to me)

Luckily he hadn’t sold the donor car at that stage and I got my wheel lock back. :D

"The cheapest option may be to split the rear window"

Sorry for some reason I thought it was a Streetka ! Must read properly next time.

"The cheapest option may be to split the rear window"

Sorry for some reason I thought it was a Streetka ! Must read properly next time.

Whats the difference? in a Ka ans a street Ka, is one a convertable ?

Ah i see now the Ka is the same as a tin of Heinz Beans (open the side)

and the Street Ka is like a tin of John West Kippers (peel off the Roof)

:P

Edited by Lenny

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club