Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Do You Rekon...

Sawford

Yesterday i resigned myself to the fact I was going to have to part ways with my beloved 98 fiesta encore, after this m.o.t failure list...

Reg plate lamp bulb not working [1.1.C.1c]

Reg plate lamp insecure [1.1.C.1b]

Nearside Headlight aim too high [1.8]

Offside Headlight aim too low [1.8]

Nearside [front to rear] brake pipe excessively corroded [3.6.B.2c] **DANGEROUS**

Offside [front to rear] brake pipe excessively corroded [3.6.B.2c] **DANGEROUS**

Nearside front brake pipe corroded [3.6.B.2c]

Offside front brake pipe corroded [3.6.B.2c]

Nearside rear (outer sill) Subframe Mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded [2.4.A.2]

Offside rear (outer sill) subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded [2.4.A.2]

Also, the sills were that rusty underneath the garage refused to do it...

And it has no tax...

and the drives side headlamp is cracked, and the drivers side wing mirror is broke...

How much, if I sold it, should I be getting realistically... (I HAVE already sold it, i just want to see, out of curiosity what people who know think)

Cheers!

Yesterday i resigned myself to the fact I was going to have to part ways with my beloved 98 fiesta encore, after this m.o.t failure list...

How much, if I sold it, should I be getting realistically... (I HAVE already sold it, i just want to see, out of curiosity what people who know think)

Cheers!

Less than a £1,000 and More than £450 mate theirs alot of rust on there although Rust is lighter than Carbon Fibre :D

hope your buying another ford?

Hmmm tricky , i would say about 747.317 AFN Afgan Afgani B) but i would be looking at a little less :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hmmm tricky , i would say about 747.317 AFN Afgan Afgani B) but i would be looking at a little less :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What’s that in Gallons of Kerosene?

Or How many Camel

At todays price's i'm thinking thimble full of kerosene and maybe the F/N/S hoof off the camel

Less than a £1,000 and More than £450 mate

Well, I sold it with all that's wrong with it for £300, and I'll be honest I'm surprised I got that, as I've seen a few in better condition than mine go for 500.

I only bought this one for 700.

hope your buying another ford?

Funny you should say that, I was looking at a mondeo and a focus, I have 1000 to spend on a car, so i should get a decent example...

i would say about 747.317 AFN

Yeah, I fully expected getting a tenner for it if im honest!

That's not a bad price considering the welding it needs, I got £150 for a MK2 Punto ELX on a 2000 W and it was very tidy, but rotten out underneath and my welding friend who is very cheap (and good!) couldn't have patched it for the MOT for less than about £300 - it's really sad but rust is usually the killer of older cars. :( I do miss that Punto, it was really good mechanically.

With £1000 you'll pick yourself up something really nice, my Fiesta for example is on a late 51-plate, it's a 5door 1.25 Zetec with a full Ford service history, no advisories on the last MOT and I paid £1000 (it was advertised for £1295 but got it down). It's a little high on the miles (103,000) but drives really tight and even my father who's very picky can't fault it and said he'd consider buying it off me when I replace it in the future.

I did see some really nice Focus' on 2000 plates for the same sort of money, the good thing is there's loads of them around so you can look at lots of examples and find the good ones.

Dan

Yeah cheers mate.

I've seen a couple of very good early 2000's focus for £999 with 80k ish mileage, and a few 2000 mondeo's , 6 figure mileage though but look in good nick. I'm the named driver on a Citroen Grande Picasso C4 on a 60 plate, so I can afford to be picky, its not like i need a new car right now this minute.

Yeah cheers mate.

I've seen a couple of very good early 2000's focus for £999 with 80k ish mileage, and a few 2000 mondeo's , 6 figure mileage though but look in good nick. I'm the named driver on a Citroen Grande Picasso C4 on a 60 plate, so I can afford to be picky, its not like i need a new car right now this minute.

Hi,

If you’re not in a rush to purchase then maybe you should start a new thread on Mondeo or Focus, known faults and what to look out for when buying a 2000 model, if your very lucky you may find a member of the forum selling one, if you do you will be able to search their content in the profile page to see if they had any faults with it before you purchase.

You may get some tips that will save you buying a Lemon as Mike Brewer would say. (Wheeler Dealers and Top Gear Fan):D