Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Known Faults And Things To Look Out For

Sawford

on the advice of Lenny, I've come here for a few tips.

I've just sold my 98 fiesta (reluctantly) after a decent list on the m.o.t failure.

I'm looking at another ford, and have seen a few decent early 2000's focus models. mileage around 65 - 80k

Just wondering what to look out for, what are common faults and anything specific I should ask the seller.

Cheers

• Like 1

May not be relevant mate,

but if your buying a Mk2 Model check the top of the boot, where the rubber hose for the rear water jet comes from the roof in to the boot panel,

the rubber pipe, rubs off the body and begin to rust the car, happened mine after 2 months new from the garage, so its one thing to watch out for.B)

May not be relevant mate,

but if your buying a Mk2 Model check the top of the boot, where the rubber hose for the rear water jet comes from the roof in to the boot panel,

the rubber pipe, rubs off the body and begin to rust the car, happened mine after 2 months new from the garage, so its one thing to watch out for.B)

early 2000s will be the mk1 and theres a fair list first make sure the cars cold when you see it and start it up look for rough idle and misfiring if it does it walk away next let it tick over till the idle speed drops to normal close the doors turn off the fan and put headlights and rear screen on listen for rattles from the gearbox /check the boot for water/ feel the pass side carpet for any dampness or signs of mould thats been cleaned off it will show up as a white mark after that make sure electrics all work /check for any warning lights and check the bodywork try to get under the car mainly the rear doors go under the car from there and find the 2 arms that go up to the floorpan and give them a tug if they are loose it needs new bushes check when the timing belt was done make sure it was a fulkl kit