Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

Picked up Friday my new focus titanium in white with keyless entry - priv glass - 18" wheels - power fold mirrors. I have to say this car is totally awesome ! Great drive ! Some great toys and one great sound system !! Anyone thinking of getting one don't hesitate ! Only plans for me are front passenger and drivers window priv glass and LED's side lights !!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

Hi, they are very nice motors and I hope you will be very happy with your new Focus, I know I am. Can we have some pictures though please? Can you legally tint the front windows anymore than they already are as I would have thought the factory tint is about as dark as it can go?
Chris

#3 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

Unless it's recently changed -

The law states front windows must allow 70% of light through; the front windscreen must allow 75% of light through.

#4 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hi, they are very nice motors and I hope you will be very happy with your new Focus, I know I am. Can we have some pictures though please? Can you legally tint the front windows anymore than they already are as I would have thought the factory tint is about as dark as it can go?
Chris

Mate you can't legally tint front side windows but I have found aslong as you don't go to stupid then your ok - I am having mine done weekend so will put pics on , I just think that rear windows are so dark that personally I dont like the clear window next to tinted hence the reason I will have them done.

#5 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

Unless it's recently changed -

The law states front windows must allow 70% of light through; the front windscreen must allow 75% of light through.

Yes that sounds correct mate

#6 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,660 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Yeah the law remains the same, you dont need an overtint to make it work with the car. plus the police love to pull someone with excessive tint...

#7 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Yeah the law remains the same, you dont need an overtint to make it work with the car. plus the police love to pull someone with excessive tint...

you cant legally tint them however you can put defender film on them which will give an extra 10 percent tint but legally that is as far as you can go defender film isnt cheap either since defender film is classed as a security measure it gets round the law and is legal

#8 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

I personally wont buy a car with rear privacy glass, because IMHO I reckon they spoil the look of the car half and half side view on. I mean how up themselves are people these days?........ I don't want kidnappers knowing I'm ferrying my precious brats about ;) ............get other yourselves, your not the Beckhams.

Obviously no slight or reflection :D intended to the opening poster, just me expressing my opinion on privacy glass.

#9 Dave71

Dave71

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec (sports pack)
  • Year: 2009

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

Thinking about this, if you've got rear privacy glass, can the police pull you over for reversing?

#10 pavr27

pavr27

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: p
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

I didn't particularly want privacy glass, but, oddly, it's paired with the keyless entry option, which I wanted. I've never had privacy glass before, and I notice it drastically reduces what you can see through the rear view mirror, especially at night.

I quite like the look of the windows though, I think they go well with the black car.

#11 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

I have had full priv glass on every car since 1996 and had new car every year and never been pulled for them ? I never go stupidly dark though.

#12 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

I personally wont buy a car with rear privacy glass, because IMHO I reckon they spoil the look of the car half and half side view on. I mean how up themselves are people these days?........ I don't want kidnappers knowing I'm ferrying my precious brats about ;) ............get other yourselves, your not the Beckhams.
Obviously no slight or reflection :D intended to the opening poster, just me expressing my opinion on privacy glass.

I think car looks better with priv glass and not up my self but each to their own.

#13 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

I didn't particularly want privacy glass, but, oddly, it's paired with the keyless entry option, which I wanted. I've never had privacy glass before, and I notice it drastically reduces what you can see through the rear view mirror, especially at night.

I quite like the look of the windows though, I think they go well with the black car.

Priv glass on black looks great !

#14 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hi, they don't look too bad with the candy red either:

Posted Image

Chris

#15 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

Hi, they don't look too bad with the candy red either:

Posted Image

Chris

Yes looks good !!! Will put picks up weekend once mine done !

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users