Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacking The Car Up On The Chassis

fiesta_lad

Hi i use my trolley jack for the first time today put it to it's test. So i jacked up on the chassis which what i think is the long bit of metal that runs along centre under the car.

But the thing is the saddle on the jack had abit of a claw. And it has left abit of a print on the chassis and dinted it abit not really bad like. So i am wondering will this cause any problems see pics below.

This is what i jacked it up on has i thought it was solid and safe.

IMG00224-20110925-1908.jpg

And this is what the saddle on the jack has done.

IMG00223-20110925-1907.jpg

Do u think this would be ok for the car cheer alan

I think you'll be okay mate tbh, my Fiesta had the same thing when I bought it but it was in the corner near the jacking point. It looked the same as this and all it did really was peel back a bit of the waxoyl and there was no other damage so not too worried.

Only time to be worried is if the jack slips off and hits the floorpan (I knew someone this happened to) and it forced the floorpan up about 6 inches! There's a reason I'm always worried about jacking up my car lol :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club