Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fitting Mist Type Jets On Your Ford

Lenny

Just purchased a set of Heated Mist Type Water Jets found on the New 2011 Focus.
From Paynes Of Hinckley

H
To Purchase the Heated Version £2.93 each exc. P&P Part Number: 1708797 Click Here Top Seller 100%

To Purchase the NON Heated Version Part Number: 1708796 Click Here to Contact Seller
Or Contact your Local Ford Dealership to Purchase.

Please Note: If you are unsure that you Ford has or has not got heated jets, purchase the heated version and when fitting the jets, if your system is not heated just tape the electrical plug to the water hose, the system will work just the same.

This Guide is now available to Download in PDF format see link:
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/62844-guide-fitting-mist-washer-jets-to-focus-mk2-mk25-pdf/

So time to get fitting smile.gif

Lift the bonnet on your ford, and ensue the ignition is off, and keys out of the car,
Image0906.jpg

Begin to unclip the eleven clips that hold the bonnet insulation pad in place simply squeeze the two sides in towards each other and gently pull outwards then store them neatly together. Preferably cut a plastic bottle in half or an empty Pringles tin to store them all in, until required for re-fitting, this type of temporary storage is good practice for working on your car, as if one is lost this type of part can be a nightmare to replace,
Image0908.jpg
Image0909.jpg

Once all clips are removed gently flap the pad down towards the engine and gently pull out away from the car in a straight line,

Image0910.jpg
GOT A SHOCK TO SEE BAD FORD PRINTED UNDER THERE blink.gif IS mine a Reject ohmy.gif

Store this Insulation part preferably in a vertical position, indoors away from wind, and any risk of it being stood on during the change over process,
Image0913.jpg

Once this is out of the way, unplug the water hose from the bottom of the current jets, by giving a gentle tug, the pipe should pop off and a small amount of water is expected,

Image0918.jpg

Then to remove the electrical connector use a flat screwdriver to lift the clip and slide the connector out from the socket,

Image0919.jpg
Image0920.jpg

Image0922.jpg
Image0923.jpg

Finally as seen in the picture below, press the clip on the jet in towards the pipe and push upward to the top surface of the bonnet, the jet should pop out of place, gently remove and replace with the new type,

Continued on Next Post Below.....

• Like 7

Image0917.jpg

Image0928.jpg

Place the New Jet (Pictured on the left in the pictur above) in through the hole

Image0927.jpg Then connect up to the Water pipe and loom

Image0924.jpg

follow the same process again for the opposite side of the Bonnet,

Image0925.jpg

Image0927.jpg

Image0931.jpg

Next and Final Step is Replacing the Cover

Take two clips in your hand and lift the cover also with both hands,

align the cover to the bonnet of the car ensuring the 4 curved pieces at the bottom are all in their metal pockets at the bottom of the bonnet

Image0932.jpg

then with one hand holding the insulation tight to the bonnet, use the free hand to insert the two clips in to the holes at the nose of the bonnet.

Image0933.jpg

this will better support the cover while the remaining nine clips are re-inserted back in to place,

Image0906.jpg

close the bonnet and test the new Jets.

Continued on Next Post Below.....

• Like 4

mistyv.jpg

Job done B)

Also as these jet use a mist rather than a stream of water on your windscreen, the mist type will be more efficient than the standard type jets, making your water bottle contents last longer, and with better windscreen coverage for cleaning.

Please see Video Below Compiledby JohnH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvnSRf6mULc&feature=player_embedded#!

The Model used for the purpose of this Guide is a 2010 Mk2.5 Ford Focus Style Manufactured July 2010, other Ford model styles may vary in the fitment of the bonnet insulation, however the fitting process after the insulation has been removed will be the same across the range.

Hope this helps and feel free to add more information on your experience in fitting to your Ford Model e.g. Fiesta, Mondeo etc. To better help others.

Thanks For Looking!

Please Check my List of Guides Listed Below For More Information. B)

• Like 4

You've fitted yours to a Focus? I've fitted the heated versions to my mk7 fiesta but the Fiesta doesn't have the wiring for heated jets. Any idea if it's possible to add this?

Excellent guide! I may fit the mist type jets to my MK5 Fiesta as they look like they work sooo much better :D

You've fitted yours to a Focus? I've fitted the heated versions to my mk7 fiesta but the Fiesta doesn't have the wiring for heated jets. Any idea if it's possible to add this?

Yeah The Mist types are only standard on the Mk3 Focus

not the Mk2 or Mk2.5 Unfortunitly

I'm sure the loom piece is available mate and should be the same kit across the board (ford Range) as the Heated Jets are the same across the range,

you would need to get the Gem synchronised to operate the heaters when the screen de-mister it activated, your local Ford Stealer should be able to do this at a cost of £50 just to hook the car to the Laptop!

I also have the heated element fitted in the windscreen so can't say I've seen much advantage to the heated jets themselves,

there is also a universal kit available on the market that heats the water from your washer bottle as it passes through it,

the water in your bottle stays at ambient temperature, but the box heats it up as it flows,

hooks directly to the battery and a switch can be fitted to switch off in summer months if you wish to.

Click Here their tried and tested mate, on the market nearly four years since i read about this brand of heater,

Heats the fluid to 65oC in 30 Seconds as it flows through it's filter ''Probably the best performance Mod available for the fiesta''

:P .....Sorry had to type that mate :D

''my car can heat water from O-65 oC in 30 Seconds, Cup Of Tea Anyone?"

On a serious note though I reckon this may be an easier option than buying looms from ford,

It's guaranteed to fit your car and with the same if not better results.

And if you ever decide to sell the car, this can be easily removed and placed in the new car.

Thanks for the comments, hope this helps.

• Like 1

Excellent guide! I may fit the mist type jets to my MK5 Fiesta as they look like they work sooo much better :D

Thanks,

Their Brilliant, nice even coverage over the windscreen and makes suds of the fluid which grabs the dirt allot better than previously with fluid,

Tank of water will also last you allot longer too.

I’ve just fitted a boot light from your model and year in the opposite side of the stock one in mine today,

Ill post the guide later. B)

Lenny, I've had a look on eBay and can find them for £20 or so but there's no mentioning of them fitting the MK5 Fiesta like mine. It says they're for MK6 onwards. I can't see there being that much difference, what do you reckon?

If not I wonder if they're available in a more universal fitment, as they can't be that different between cars.

Lenny, I've had a look on eBay and can find them for £20 or so but there's no mentioning of them fitting the MK5 Fiesta like mine. It says they're for MK6 onwards. I can't see there being that much difference, what do you reckon?

If not I wonder if they're available in a more universal fitment, as they can't be that different between cars.

I will measure and take some up close pictures of the original ones later, they are identical to the mist ones except for the nozzle,

ill PM you the pictures and measurements then you can compare size to your own jets in the fiesta,

also click the link i have in the post at the top of the thread there on e-bay and alot cheaper than the bandits trying to sell them for £20 :ph34r:

or Click Here there ya go mate.

Thanks mate, that's fantastic! Yeah I just realised you put a link to them, much better than £20+. If they're a straight swap then it will be a no brainer at this price, dead cheap :)

Cheers :D

nice mod...im off to dealers tomoz after my bus driving assessment...cant wait and dont want to pay postage :lol: shame i dont have my blackberry as i would have took a before and after video to add to your guide lenny.

• Like 1

nice mod...im off to dealers tomoz after my bus driving assessment...cant wait and dont want to pay postage :lol: shame i dont have my blackberry as i would have took a before and after video to add to your guide lenny.

Id appreciate that mate if you can get id done would be great for others

rang the dealer today and they claim no dealer carries this part in stock and they have to order it in...no worries though he is getting them tomorrow and holding it untill friday for me...

saves me a few pennies on postage...hopefully ill have my blackberry back then and make the video as above...

Hi Lenny

Nice guide m8 , and well done , i would imagine they are perfect in damp motorway conditions and should alos prolong the life of the Wiper Blades :)

• Like 1

Further Update on this item,

for people who may want to fit these mist type jets in another car, that may not be a ford model.

I've measured a space @ 22mm long and @ 10mm wide on cardboard,

The cardboard is to symbolize a bonnet in the car with the hole already in place,

As you will see in the pictures the jet has a hook type clip that compresses on insertion to the hole and expands again once on the underside for a snug fit,The jets also have a rubber washer style base that curls to a lip around the rim of the jet unit to prevent water from accessing the engine compartment.

All of the measurements in the pictures begin at 10cm why?

1. This is to obtain a more accurate measurement And also to prevent the image being distorted by the flash beaming off the hook on the measuring tape,

So when reading the measurements in the pictures 10cm is the 0mm figure (starting Point of the measurement)

The minimum slot these jets will fit in to is 22mm long and 10mm wide

This is the minimum size the jet will fit in to as if the length @ 22mm is any shorter the hook type clip cannot compress any smaller than 22mm in length

As for the width the item does not compress from the static width @ 10mm at all on the sides and the actual width of the item is 10mm

The maximum slot these jets will fit in to is 26mm long and 15mm wide

This is the maximum length the unit can slot in to as if the slot is any longer than 26mm in length the Hook type clip is at its full length @ 26mm and cannot grip any further than out than 26mm

This is the maximum width @15mm as if the slot is any wider,

there will be a gap between the seal on the jet and the panel of the boot, leaving space for water to enter the engine compartment and also visually it looks bad, to have a gap between the jet and the bonnet,

But I sincerely doubt that there is any water jet slot in any bonnet wider than 15mm

Image1014.jpg

Image1023.jpg

Image1012.jpg

Image1011.jpgImage1009.jpg

Image1007.jpg

Image1018.jpg

Image1025.jpg

right i got a little update from dealer, apparently every dealership has trouble getting hold of them but mine are in tomorrow for collection.

the eBay parts place is charging more for them, mind you its only 80+ pence then theres postage. they are sold in dealer for £2 dead.

i have also got my phone back so i can take a decent video of my old jets and show the new jets as comparison. will let you know more tomorrow

• Like 1

right i got a little update from dealer, apparently every dealership has trouble getting hold of them but mine are in tomorrow for collection.

the ebay parts place is charging more for them, mind you its only 80+ pence then theres postage. they are sold in dealer for £2 dead.

i have also got my phone back so i can take a decent video of my old jets and show the new jets as comparison. will let you know more tomorrow

Thanks for the update John,

due to the high volume of orders on this part,

the e-bay sellers are experiencing delays in supply also

so were all in the one boat mate,

keep us updated. B)

Right i got a little present for you lenny.... i got my jets today and did the video. but i also added to the video the guide which you did on page 1, you are mentioned on credits :lol: have a ganders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvnSRf6mULc

• Like 1

Excellent Video mate,Thank you very much,

this is a great Compliment to me andalso a great help to others even non members of the forum.

I wouldn't know where to start If I was to try and replicatethat video

I don't even have a YouTube account laugh.gif

But now in famous, video looks excellent and displays how the Mist jets perform,

It's very hard to capture that in a picture as the wipers usuallycatch the mist before the picture is taken.

Thanks very much. biggrin.gif

I've also added the video link to the Guide on page 1

encase some people don't scroll this far down the topic mate.

no worries mate, only took me about 30 mins to do, once i had all the pics, videos, text and music tracks :lol: litrally took me 5 mins to fit the jets as your guide gave me a heads up.

ive also posted this on another forum i am on

glad you liked it.

John these fit ok with no leaks on the mark 2???

Sorry for asking, just at work and all pictures posted and the the video are blocked so can see them :(

Sounds like a great little mod - and wow under £3 for the heated one is cheap as chips...

(lucky i found this - don't normally venture out of the Focus section LOL)

Well, that's mine fitted :)

They work perfectly on my MK5 Fiesta, if anyone would like pictures if they're thinking of putting them on an older Fiesta then I'm happy to show what their performance is like. They are more accurate than the standard jets, and also they never need adjusting!

Was a straight clip in fit, had to release the clips for my screenwash tubes to gain some slack as the connecters are shorter than the ones I removed.

Thanks again Lenny, you're a star mate,

Dan

barry - yeah they fit perfectly and no leaks. havnt had a chance to test them on the road since i have been driving buses all week! :lol:

• Like 1

Cheers John - Be interested in your opinion on how they compare once you tried them.

and thanks for the heads up and guide Lenny.

Going to pick me some of these up soon. Cheers fellas