Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fitting Mist Type Jets On Your Ford

Lenny

There are some scalping buggers out there.

I can guess who's going to lose a fair bit of trade now.

i couldnt believe it myself mate,

they tried to tell a fellow member of this forum, that ford has priced them wrong in the begining, they had since realised their error and the heated mist type jets were now retailing at £15.00 each!!

complet scutter,

as you can clearly see Allen fords have no problem still providing the genuine part at the genuine RRP of £2.89 each

There's cashing in but cashing in and lying? No excuse for that.

By fellow member he means me, robbing ba****ds, go arrest em uncle stoney.

If you fancy a lil chuckle here's they're messages to me:

good morning and thank you for your enquiry, ford have recently had a price increase on all the range, some go up by a little and some by alot, i understand what you mean about the price as i questioned it myself to my manager and we double checked it and this is the new trade price for them, it may be because we and other dealers around the country have sound many of thousands of this item so they may have thought they where too cheap so they put the prices up, i hope this is ok from micky

Hello, We do understand what you are saying but if we sell these to you at £3.00 each then we would be making a huge loss , I think in the first place that ford got the price wrong and with selling thousands and this has shown up as a loss against this part number and now ford have corrected this issue ,We did speak to ford pricing on this issue but they have told us this is correct , I hope you understand and thanks for your messages Russell

I just thought pffff ain't paying that, and within minutes our good old resident sherpa tracked em down at Allen Ford for £2.89 each ;) so now 2 will be in the post to me shortly saving me 20quid over paynes price

within minutes our good old resident sherpa tracked em down at Allen Ford for £2.89 each ;) so now 2 will be in the post to me shortly saving me 20quid over paynes price

cheers.gif 10 quid of the saving will do me fine fella

. woohboogy.gif

Paynes have more neck than a box of giraffes.

cheers.gif 10 quid of the saving will do me fine fella

. woohboogy.gif

Lol next time I'm across the pond I'll buy you a few pints mate least I can do cheers.gif

Lol next time I'm across the pond I'll buy you a few pints mate least I can do cheers.gif

its cool mate im just joking with you, hatoff.gif

anything to save people from getting saddled by the Stealers 292.gif

we now know for sure that the ford stealers do exist

its cool mate im just joking with you, hatoff.gif

anything to save people from getting saddled by the Stealers 292.gif

we now know for sure that the ford stealers do exist

Lol I know mate I'm just playing. I'll have to run all my purchases via you first cause no doubt you'll find them elsewhere at a fraction of the price ;)

Lol I know mate I'm just playing. I'll have to run all my purchases via you first cause no doubt you'll find them elsewhere at a fraction of the price ;)

lol i might be irish but im no eddie hobbs

lol i might be irish but im no eddie hobbs

lol your close enough mate

stpatirishkiss.gifsmiley-whacky084.gif

What paynes tried to do to good honest Ford owners-- smiley-sex011.gif

Lmao I ain't getting banana f**ked by anyone let alone paynes

Lmao I ain't getting banana f**ked by anyone let alone paynes

omg.gif

This is my message to paynes about that I will be buying the mist jets from Allen ford instead (courtesy of Lenny)

I'm very sorry to inform you that I won't be purchasing this genuine ford part or any parts from you in the future,

As a consumer it is my right to search for a quality part at a quality price and one would assume that any reputable ford dealer could easily provide that to their customer,

however if you take a moment to search on eBay for item 120845679668 you will find that a fellow Registered UK ford dealership can still supply the finis 1708797 ford heated mist type jets for the original price of £2.89 each

It makes it very difficult for me to buy the finis 1708797 from you or to even buy your story about ford hiking the price on this item,

Thank you for your time and perhaps to the best of your knowledge ford have put the price up

But I have one last question

Should I buy more than two of these for myself and resale purposes now that they are allegedly going so cheap?

And this is their reply to me this morning

Hello, I am very sorry that you think this is a story. my self and Micky reply to messages over the weekend and try to give the information customers need and this is in our own time we dont get paid for this.its very simple ford have a recomended retail price and a cost price to the dealer we inturn offer a very fair discount and service on our genuine ford products.we will not get into a price war its upto you where you buy you vehicle parts from we can only offer advice if you have problems with your vehicle and give you the best price on parts that we can offer . i have checked this listing number and yes you are correct they are still selling them at the price we sold them at . If i am to offer you any advice i would say go and buy them from Allen Ford in coventry and then if you have a bit of spare time just phone a few ford dealers and ask them how much this part number is 1708797 then you will find that this is not a story we are being very honest with you. If you are till unhappy with my reply and want to talk to me then you can give me a call on 07918625812 Russell

• 2 weeks later...

BOOM BOOM

I'm overall happy with this mod (not £15 happy mind - glad i got them at £3 each). They don't look like they get the full screen, but i think its cause the mist is so thin. Not had a problem with them not moving any muck.

There s a bit of run off onto the bonnet, but thats the same with the old jet ones too.

No issues of the roof or sides getting wet either.

+1 to OP

WOW!

I thought "That's not nice, slagging off Payne's" I've bought stuff from them before and I was happy with the price.

Anyway, before I spoke here, I thought I'd do some research.

Digging out my receipt for 20 liters of ford 5W/30 synthetic oil and checking that it only cost £57.60 delivered, I went onto eBay.

:o Shock-horror! They now ask £86.71 for it !!!!!!

< Undo's "not nice" thoughts.

WOW!

I thought "That's not nice, slagging off Payne's" I've bought stuff from them before and I was happy with the price.

Anyway, before I spoke here, I thought I'd do some research.

Digging out my receipt for 20 liters of ford 5W/30 synthetic oil and checking that it only cost £57.60 delivered, I went onto Ebay.

:o Shock-horror! They now ask £86.71 for it !!!!!!

< Undo's "not nice" thoughts.

Lmao see what I mean mate.. rip off merchants

Iv still not got these. Arnt even Allen Ford now charging £11.98 or something for these now?

Iv still not got these. Arnt even Allen Ford now charging £11.98 or something for these now?

Prices seem to be creeping up everywhere on this item.

Allen Ford are now charging £11.99 each for heated mist jets

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-C-MAX-Grand-C-MAX-2010-On-Heated-Front-Washer-Jet-Spray-Mist-/120845679668?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c22f6bc34

and

GK Group Chesterfield ford dealership are charging £10.99 each dor heated mist jets

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-Mk4-2011-ONWARDS-HEATED-FRONT-WASHER-JETS-MIST-TYPE-x1-GENUINE-/320959243475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4abaa964d3

however

Jennings ford are charging £8.00 for a pair of not heated mist jets.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/genuine-ford-mist-spray-washer-Jets-/170893564440?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ca0cda18

Knew this would happen, good job I got mine when I did. Bet paynes messaged round em all to get em in on the act lol

• 3 months later...

Just did mine on my fiesta, great little mod for a starter. Very simple and easy specially ith reading the guide before hand

Just a shame that the stealers have sussed it out and bumped up the price.

Don't know why they didn't just fit them as standard from the start.

Mine cost 12 for the non heated think the heated now are going for upwards of 30

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club