• Super Mod
  • 15,236 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Sorry but I'm dissapointed in them :(
I put them on my mk3 Mondeo and they both seem to squirt 2 diffused jets but mainly to the left and right with just a little going straight forwards and one of the units aims to the bottom of the screen.
Just my luck it's the driver's side.
Workable but not what I wanted.
If I hadn't cut the wires so close to the old units to use the original loom as is needed for a Mondeo, I would have put the old ones back on.

You should have tested them before wiring them up then :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 ijustwantafile

ijustwantafile

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: focus titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

fitted mine last night. was going to wait till the weekend but i tried taking one out and it was dead easy so just got on with it. took me around 5-10min!

they seem good only cost £7 but if they were more then wouldn't of been worth it.

#93 mitch84

mitch84

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Just found out about this mod , seems to be worth a try , as my jets on my focus titanium mk2.5 seem a bit crappy , can I ask what type I require and the best place to get them from?

I think my washers would be the heated type.

thanks

*edit* just ordered the heated ones from Lennys link on page 1 as i checked my focus on Ettis and it says it has heated washers , look foward to getting them and for the price , cant go wrong really!

cheers

#94 mitch84

mitch84

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi

Just fitted the mist jets , takes a bit of movement at first to get the old jets out even with pressing in on the clip as I suppose after time they mould themselves in place , I actually never bothered taking the electric connector out of its mount , as It was possible to disconnect the electrics with it still in its holder against the bonnet.

Very happy with the outcome , yes they do spray a bit low but it still seems to cover the window , and it does leave a lot of excess water dripping down the bonnet , I would not say they spray a mist as such just more of a wide sprinkle but I suppose when driving it will look more like a mist.

Thanks for guide!

Mitch

#95 Podzak

Podzak

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.2 Diesel Estate Ghia
  • Year: 2006

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Post Removed

#96 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,236 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Post Removed

#97 Podzak

Podzak

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.2 Diesel Estate Ghia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

Post Removed

#98 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,236 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Post Removed

#99 antihero711

antihero711

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: Nick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2003

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hi all. fitted my mist types yesterday to my fiesta. Took 2 minutes. No cover on the inside f tho bonnet. Popped them out and popped the new ones in. There great.

#100 ijustwantafile

ijustwantafile

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: focus titanium

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Kind of off topic but a friend had blocked washer jets and was about to get his whole pump system replaced but I stopped him, pulled the hose off the jet and checked the pressure which was fine. I then put the hose in a clear water bottle and noticed the water had all sorts of crap in it. due to where the water filler is on his car (a Clio) it was a major job to take it out and clean so we just kept topping it up and ran water through the system till it was clear. took over 15 litres till it was clear.

Worth noting if you are having problems with blocked washer jets. I'm guessing he used a dirty water bottle or a dirty jug to top up his washer fluid.

#101 Danny87

Danny87

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Freestyle 1.25 Zetec 5-door
  • Year: 2001

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

I remember fixing my brothers Mondeo when the washers were playing up. They were blocked up completely and there was no water pressure in the hoses. Turned out to be a filter at the bottom of the washer bottle. I just cleaned it up and put everything back together. It's always a good idea looking at the simplest solution first, as more often than not when cars go wrong it's something simple and easy (and cheap lol).

EDIT: Spelling

#102 Teribus

Teribus

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8TDDi Zetec
  • Year: 1999

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

I have just fitted a pair of these to my MK1 Focus.

These are a nice easy modification. And even though my Focus has sound deadening on the underside of the bonnet (mines is a diesel), it doesn't actually have to be removed to access the jets, the jets are mounted just behind the rear edge of the sound deadening.

-T

#103 drinternat

drinternat

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: modeo mk4

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Whats the verdict on these. I have the Mk4 Mondeo. I am not sure if the distance from the jets to the screen is different or if it makes any difference from the Fiest/Focus cars

#104 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,689 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Whats the verdict on these. I have the Mk4 Mondeo. I am not sure if the distance from the jets to the screen is different or if it makes any difference from the Fiest/Focus cars

I have them in my focus and im very happy with them,
however we did have a mk3 mondeo owner who had fitted a set and was very disapointed with the results.

#105 Pitmonster

Pitmonster

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: 2006 Mk2 Focus 1.8 TDCi Zetec (Climate)

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Finally got around to fitting these a few weeks ago, and it was very easy. Took 10 mins max thanks to the excellent guide on here.

But Like a few others on here I'm not that happy about where the jets are actually spraying onto my windscreen.
For me this is an issue with both width of spray and height.

In terms of width, I reckon that 1/3 of the water hits the screen where the wipers don't actually sweep, and this leaves a lot of soapy water on the driver & passenger side of the screen. This is wasted water, a wet arm/face if the window is down and the water is blown back in, and more dribbles back onto the cleaned screen (particularly on the passenger side)

In terms of height, even when stationary I find that all of the water hits the lower half of the screen and nothing actually hits the screen above mid-height, I actually have to wait for the wiper to sweep the water up there for me, and that means I'm spraying for longer than I normally would and so using just as much water (if not more) in the process. And ultimately that doesn't do as good a job of clearing a dirty screen as I would like (or as I got from the older jet type, where the water was actually directed to where it needed to be)

It's unfortunate really, because the quality of spray (foaminess etc) is excellent, it's just aimed in the wrong place.

Is it true that these jets can't be adjusted? Even if I have to put up with the width thing, I'd settle for a height adjustment so that the screen cleans better.

If the mist-type jets can't be adjusted, I may have to re-fit the standard jets. :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users