Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Side Skirts

Franko

Hey Guys.!

Would like to fit the Zetec S style Side Skirts to my Zetec.. But do not understand the Fitting Manual.

Instruction No.20 looks like there should be holes in the body work so that the circular clips (F) push into them..

SideSkirtHoles1.jpg

Where are these Holes..? (the manual says nothing about drilling or making Holes in the Body work..)

Am I being Thick..!!??

Many Thanks for any Help or Advice.

• Like 1

Hiya, I would have assumed they would use the holes for mudflaps but I'm not entirely sure myself either to be honest.

I know someone who has a MK5 Zetec S and his are screwed into the wings where the mudflaps would mount. It's the same on my MK5 Fiesta come to think of it, I remember someone else I used to know how drilled a couple of holes and mounted side skirts in the same way but used Tiger Seal too tack them on.

Don't drill holes, just remove the yellow pin-clips and put glue on the black supports.

The manual DOES refer to the specific Ford workplace guide to drill the holes. So either you ask your ford dealer the guide or you don't use the yellow clips.

It' s the same as with those rear corner plastics for the sport diffusor, Ford will make holes and use the clips to fit them ( + glue of course ). But when fitted afterwards, Ford advises to cut the clips and only glue them on those places.

vmstur.jpg

vsl91d.jpg

102ku21.jpg

Many Thanks for the Replies.. That seems to make sense Now..!!

Hopefully will Try and Fit them Tomorrow..

As They say on The Lottery... "Good Luck EveryOne..!!"

Many Thanks for the Replies.. That seems to make sense Now..!!

Hopefully will Try and Fit them Tomorrow..

As They say on The Lottery... "Good Luck EveryOne..!!"

Another helpfull video :

It's the american style fiesta and skirts but it's about the technique. (skirts are different, no use of end-caps behind the front wheel )

• 4 years later...

Hey Franco, how did you get on with the side skirts? I have a Zetec S with only the front and rear street pack bumpers. I have been thinking of getting a set of side skirts to finish the look off, how did you fit yours? 

Nice photograph of your car. 

Cheers. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club