• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daveyboy78

daveyboy78

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST24 Saloon
Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

hi all, im a newbie to this website, so firstly, helllllloooooo!!!!

anyone out there interested in my St24 saloon? it has a rattle on the engine, been there for about 6 months now, still pulls like it should. bodywork is spot on and the interior is virtually unmarked. i'd hate to see it go but im buying another st24, but a hatchback version for the dog, otherwise i'd have it repaired. its being diagnosed as a timing chain tensioner that has worn, NOT AN END THATS GONE. the chain will never snap or anything like that so it would definately be a good buy for a d.i.yer! its in metallic panther black too, looke lovely when polised up.

if you are interested, e-mail or text me. 07941 891880 davebuttery@blueyonder.co.uk.

car is in london, i'll e-mail pics if requested. cheers!!!!!!

looking for around the 400 mark ono

Attached Thumbnails

• 085.JPG
  • 084.JPG
  • 083.JPG
  • 082.JPG
  • 081.JPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

Might be worth putting a price on it seen as it needs work doing on it. Saves people making offers that might embarrass you and them. No you are correct the chain will never snap but if the tensioner fails completely you might as well take the car to the scrap yard. A lot of cambelt failures are down to tensioner failure and a lot of people take false security from having a chain over a belt.

#3 daveyboy78

daveyboy78

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST24 Saloon
Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

thanks for answering m8. i've edited the advert, looking for around the 400 mark ono. dont be embarrassed to make a lower offer lol.

#4 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

I wouldnt be mate. Sadly my mondeo days are over. Cant get one in my garage and I certainly wouldnt leave an ST on my street!! Well worth 400 of anyones money as long as they get that tensioner changed STRAIGHT AWAY

#5 S-Max Bob

S-Max Bob

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Ford Model: S-Max 2.5 Turbo

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

hope they have more than a halfords socket set :blink: not a easy job.......ive been there..... :( great cars when there going

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users