Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford C Max Miles Per Gallon Question Fuel Consumption

borderman

I have a ford c max 1.8 tdci 38000 miles on the clock what is the max fuel consumption and what I should i be getting with around town driving

And what can cause the car to get bad fuel consumption.

• 1 month later...

I just got rid of my 1.8 petrol C-Max as the fuel consumption was terrible. Couldn't get the trip above 28mpg around town. With yours being diesel, I would expect high 30's to low 40's.

• 6 months later...

Hi Folks,

I know this post is a little old but I am also interested in things that would make my 2.0 TDCi Ghia have crap fuel consumption! Are there any little tweaks that can be applied to the engine or sensors or anything?! I am desperately trying to find reasons not to sell her!

I also have an issue with the cigarette lighter sockets not working! But I will do some more digging on this site unless suggestions can be made for that as well??

Thanks for your time folks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

I know this post is a little old but I am also interested in things that would make my 2.0 TDCi Ghia have crap fuel consumption! Are there any little tweaks that can be applied to the engine or sensors or anything?! I am desperately trying to find reasons not to sell her!

I also have an issue with the cigarette lighter sockets not working! But I will do some more digging on this site unless suggestions can be made for that as well??

Thanks for your time folks!

I have FORD FOCUS CMAX 2_0 TDCI GHIA.

I have only had it for a week, but on short journeys (3-10mile) I am getting around 40mpg, whilst on longer runs I am getting around 50mpg.