Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrtnpalermo

Black smoke from Exhaust

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have a focus tddi and have noticed that when i put my foot on the accelerator, black smoke comesout of the exhaust. Once it goes over 2k revs, no problem, could it be something to do wih the turbo. You dont really notice it during the day, but at night time its quite visible.

No other smoke at any other time.

Got to service and mot no problem

Cheers

try giving it a good blast down the motorway, let the engine and exhaust(mainly the cat) get up to nice high temperatures and that might clear some crap out of your engine. its a good trick to do before going for an mot as it gets the emissions down usually.

It might work. Mines quite a heavy smoker but not at low revs. Its better since I replaced the std airbox with a cone filter. I too notice mine more at night but thats due to how diesel burns and the particles in the exhaust being picked up in the headlights of the car behind

Hi all

I have a focus tddi and have noticed that when i put my foot on the accelerator, black smoke comesout of the exhaust. Once it goes over 2k revs, no problem, could it be something to do wih the turbo. You dont really notice it during the day, but at night time its quite visible.

No other smoke at any other time.

Got to service and mot no problem

Cheers

Check the air filter is clean as this can also cause black smoke from the exhaust.